"Roseau, WD." Roseau by mwe
Roseau Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 34 photos
The Commonwealth of Dominica is in the Windward Islands (WD: geddit?).
It became a fully independent republic within the British Commonwealth in 1978.
The island is 290 square miles with a population of 84,000 people. Its chief town is Roseau.
Languges spoken: English, Creole French (Patois).
It's pronounced "Domineeca" (as in the song by the Singing Nuns), not "D'minnik-er"!
Thanks to AA Baedekers Caribbean (1992 edition) for the factoids.
It's not just Tony Blair & Maggie Thatcher that fall into this category.
In October, 1983, the Dominican government, led by conservative PM Mary Eugenia Charles, took part in the US-led invasion of the island of Grenada.
Yet some people still insist the main benefit of electing more women politicians will mean fewer wars & conflicts, despite mounting evidence that it won't make a blind bit of difference: remember Maggie's Falklands War & confrontations with the miners & other trade unions?
mwe's Related Pages
Roseau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Around Roseau"
- "Capital of an Independent Republic"
- "Roseau, WD."
- "Roseau, Dominica - Great place for snorkeling"
- "Real Caribian"
- "Capital of the Caribbean Gem"
- "Interesting small capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Roseau
- Hotels in Roseau
- Transportation in Roseau
- Warnings and Dangers in Roseau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roseau
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Roseau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roseau
Top 10 Pages
- Wealdstone Intro, 39 reviews, 19 photos
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Boston Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Reading Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gorod Sankt-Peterburg Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
- Toronto Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Ottawa Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Dieppe Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos