"A Land Like No Other" Avery Island by SeaBreezeUSA

Avery Island Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 55 photos

Even the Gators like a snack

While this is a buautiful area, remember it is in the "wild" and your are a meal if you are careless!! There are snakes, spiders, and creatures you could not imagine, but the BIGGEST threat is the state bird- - - -THE MOSQUITO - - -. I saw four of them carrying off an adult one day, ..just picked him up and flew off with him!! Seriously, they are big, so bring your favorite insect repellent. Food is an option, this is not!! Fortunately I was prepared and had a wonderful time.

A bridge to another world!

There are many bridges in the "gardens and I am sure you will find the fascinating as I did. So much beauty in nature, in this natural setting. Be sure to bring your camera.

A time long ago

You can stroll the gardens along a path covered by majestic oaks laced with Spanish moss, and stand at the shrine that houses a centuries old Buddha - a gift to E.A. McIlhenny in 1937. Treasures await to be discovered by you in this land of enchantment.

• Pros:Fascinating scenery, so many things to see, touch and smell. I always love my time here.
  • Cons:A few Bugs, but not a problem, do not go in July or August!
  • In a nutshell:I highly recommend it to anyone who loves the outdoors.
  • Last visit to Avery Island: Oct 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 12, 2002

SeaBreezeUSA

“Let me see the world with my love at my side!”

Badges & Stats in Avery Island

Have you been to Avery Island?

Latest Activity in Avery Island