"A Land Like No Other" Avery Island by SeaBreezeUSA
Avery Island Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 55 photos
While this is a buautiful area, remember it is in the "wild" and your are a meal if you are careless!! There are snakes, spiders, and creatures you could not imagine, but the BIGGEST threat is the state bird- - - -THE MOSQUITO - - -. I saw four of them carrying off an adult one day, ..just picked him up and flew off with him!! Seriously, they are big, so bring your favorite insect repellent. Food is an option, this is not!! Fortunately I was prepared and had a wonderful time.
There are many bridges in the "gardens and I am sure you will find the fascinating as I did. So much beauty in nature, in this natural setting. Be sure to bring your camera.
You can stroll the gardens along a path covered by majestic oaks laced with Spanish moss, and stand at the shrine that houses a centuries old Buddha - a gift to E.A. McIlhenny in 1937. Treasures await to be discovered by you in this land of enchantment.
- Pros:Fascinating scenery, so many things to see, touch and smell. I always love my time here.
- Cons:A few Bugs, but not a problem, do not go in July or August!
- In a nutshell:I highly recommend it to anyone who loves the outdoors.
Such a fascinating place to visit. You should make the trip to see it yourself. more travel advice
SeaBreezeUSA's Related Pages
Avery Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cajun Country"
- "Salt and Spice"
- "A Land Like No Other"
- "Home to Tabasco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Avery Island
- Shopping in Avery Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Avery Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Avery Island
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Avery Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avery Island
Photos in Avery IslandSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Baton Rouge Intro, 12 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 12 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 1 review, 58 photos, 11 travelogues
- Pennsylvania Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Providence Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mobile Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pensacola Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Biloxi Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues