"SeaBreezeUSA's Taranto Italy Page" Taranto by SeaBreezeUSA
Taranto Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 66 photos
Taranto is located on a fine natural harbor at the head of the Gulf of Taranto, on the Ionian Sea. The city occupies the extremities of two peninsulas and an island lying between them and separated from them by two narrow canal;s spanned by bridges. Northeast of the island is an almost landlocked basin, the Mar Piccolo and southwest is a broad bay opening on the Ionian Sea, the Mar Grande.Taranto, first called Taras, was founded by Greek colonists from Sparta in the 8th century B.C.
PALAZZO CARDUCCI ARTENISIO merits to be remembered for several reasons. In the picture it is given preminence to the... more travel advice
SeaBreezeUSA's Related Pages
Taranto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Martina Franca !"
- "on the road again..."
- "SeaBreezeUSA's Taranto Italy Page"
- "Taranto city center slowly decaying"
- "Hi from the Two Sea Town!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taranto
- Hotels in Taranto
- Transportation in Taranto
- Restaurants in Taranto
- Warnings and Dangers in Taranto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taranto
- 9 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Taranto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taranto
Photos in TarantoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Baton Rouge Intro, 12 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 12 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 1 review, 58 photos, 11 travelogues
- Pennsylvania Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 8 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Providence Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mobile Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pensacola Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Biloxi Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues