"It just goes up" Roquebrune-Cap-Martin by mikesch
Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 43 photos
This town is actually two towns grown together.
Roquebrune stems from medieval time and is situated on a steep hill.
The rest of the town lies below and all along the coast. Mostly resorts, condominums from the look of it.
Roquebrune itself is a must-see as the houses are very old and stand close together. Looks like nothing much has changed from medieval times.
The streets are so narrow that you can only access the town center on foot.
Cap Martin is a peninsula extending into the sea. Very picturesk and quiet.
I've never tried swimming here, I think I saw a beach somewhere. But as the whole town is very steeply inclined, Menton to the east would be a better choice for that.
What I loved most was that the train station is close to sea level and there are stairs going up to roquebrune and it's castle.
- Pros:Lots of views, real old, castle
- In a nutshell:Atop a mountain it is easy to see far
mikesch's Related Pages
Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A very special place along the Cote d'Azur"
- "Medieval Roquebrune and luxurious Cap Martin"
- "Scent of sea with a touch of medieval"
- "It just goes up"
- "Coming soon...'Roquebrune, worth the stop!""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- Hotels in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- Transportation in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- Restaurants in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- See All...
Explore the World
- Broek in Waterland
- Norman Island
- Koggala Lake Hotels
- Chiampo Hotels
- Province of Nova Scotia
- Boca Chica
- Washington Heights Hotels
- Da Lat
- Ramuan China Besar
- National City Hotels
- Comunidad Valenciana
- Furfooz Hotels
- Vada Hotels
- Province of Abra
- Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Region
- Belize City
Badges & Stats in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Roquebrune-Cap-Martin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.