"Highgate" Highgate by TheLongTone
Highgate Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 37 photos
Well, first of all a belated and futile apology to the 179 people who have clicked on 'Highgate' and found nothing here. I probably only created the page because I was exploring the idiosyncrasies of the VT database with respect to London suburbs. I did live here once, so it's not terra incognita, but as with most people who live near tourist attractions I never found the time and inclination to visit Highgate Cemetery, where you will famously find both Karl Marx and Herbert Spencer, a less famous political philosopher who, incidentally, coined the phrase 'survival of the fittest'
Other attractions are the beautiful Waterlow Park, which offers fabulous vista of London (on a clear day) and, a little way up Highgate Hill from Archway tube, a statue (of a cat) commemorating the place where Dick Whittington (of panto fame) is reputed to have turned and turned again.
TheLongTone's Related Pages
Highgate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Highgate - an English village in London"
- "Highgate Village"
- "London village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Highgate
- Transportation in Highgate
- Restaurants in Highgate
- Shopping in Highgate
- Warnings and Dangers in Highgate
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Highgate
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Highgate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Highgate
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 68 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yemen Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Figuig Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Sfax Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos