"Brighton and...." Hove by TheLongTone
Hove Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 25 photos
HOVE ALBION Poor old Hove. Not only does it share a footie team with Brighton, they are one of those unfortunate teams that play in claret and blue. Doomed to be upstaged by it's more glam neighbour: and, true, walking down the prom, in best holidaymakers fashion, there's nothing to tell you you're in another town. Same shingle beach, same beach huts, same gulls and (probably) the same weather. Go much further and you're in Shoreham.
This is the secret of Hove's charm. Brighton, think Regency elegence. Hove, think 30's, gabled semis all bakelite door furniture and dark oak inside. Ordinary suburbia. With added seaside.
- Pros:The beach is much less rammed than Brighton's
- Cons:Bit of a schlepp to the Royal Pavilion
- In a nutshell:I do like to be beside the seaside
Hove beach is a pebble beach. The rather sludgy sand only appears at low tide and it’s appearance is a cause for... more travel advice
TheLongTone's Related Pages
Hove Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HOVE INTO VIEW! (BRIGHTON'S RESPECTABLE BROTHER!)"
- "Brighton and...."
- "Hove....the posh end of Brighton (apparently)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hove
- Hotels in Hove
- Transportation in Hove
- Restaurants in Hove
- Shopping in Hove
- Warnings and Dangers in Hove
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hove
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Hove?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hove
Photos in HoveSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 68 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yemen Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Figuig Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Sfax Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos