"Another bit of London...." Putney Heath by TheLongTone
Putney Heath Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 143 photos
There's no such place as Putney Heath as far as I know. Just Putney and Putney common. But heigho, VT has it as a place, and it's a place in the right bit of london, not a ringer, so here goes.
I 'used to live here'. I lived very close to the intersection of Roehampton Lane and the Upper Richmond Road, a locale neither Putney, Roehampton, Barnes or Sheen. In a flat with a delightful view of the Priory rehab clinic for celebs.
Captain Oates came from Putney. It's where the annual Oxford-Cambridge boat race starts. St Mary's church is where the Putney Debates took place in 1647. A quietly prosperous western suburb.
TheLongTone's Related Pages
Putney Heath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely town made for walking and shopping"
- "Fast-paced Putney!"
- "Another bit of London...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Putney Heath
- Transportation in Putney Heath
- Restaurants in Putney Heath
- Shopping in Putney Heath
- Warnings and Dangers in Putney Heath
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Putney Heath
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Putney Heath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Putney Heath
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 68 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yemen Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Figuig Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Sfax Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos