"Voodoo Child (Slight return)" Diabat by TheLongTone
Diabat Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 0 photos
Diabat is the the small village at the southern end of the bay of Essaouara, a single line of houses running up the hill the other side of the river. It's (allegedly, we're completely in the realm of myth and hearsay here) where Jimi Hendrix actually stayed when he was in this neck of the woods nearly forty years ago.
I didn't visit Diabat nearly forty years ago, so I don't speak with authority, but I'm sure that although it's grown a bit since then it hasn't changed nearly as much as Essaouara.
You could stay here, in the Hotel Jimi Hendrix, but really I'd think of Diabat to have lunch after walking along the beach from Essaouara. If I wanted to stay somewhere truly quiet and off the beaten track there must be other candidates along the coastline.
TheLongTone's Related Pages
Diabat Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Diabat
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Diabat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Diabat
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 68 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cairo Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dover Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yemen Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Figuig Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Sfax Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos