"My Home" Columbus by Iluv2surf2

Columbus Travel Guide: 506 reviews and 852 photos

Columbus, Ohio

This is one of the BEST cities to live in if you have to live in a city. It's friendly, clean and stable. Columbus is somewhere around the 15th-17th largest city is USA. We are geographically almost in the center of the state and we are the capitol of America's 17th state.

We are also the home of The Ohio State University Buckeyes! Go Bucks!

We also have other fine colleges and universities based here such as Capitol, Otterbein and Franklin.

Snow

We had to face the sad reality of snow after returning from Southern California from our January 2011 vacation! But that's what life is like here. You'll hear people say, "If you don't like the weather, stick around 5 minutes and it'll change"!!! Sad but true words, at least it seems that way.

I was so afraid Evelyn would have difficulty adjusting to our weather, but she didn't. I had the same fears when her mom came to live with us in 2010, but she loves the snow also!

Honor Flight

The older gentleman, is my Dad, who is a proud vetern of WW2. he is 86 years old. He had just returned home asfter being involved with Honor Flight, http://honorflight.org/ that takes our WW2 & Korean War veterns on an all expense paid day trip to Washington DC to visit the memorials. This is a very noble organization that properly honors our veterans and America's greatest generation.

In the red shirt is Congressman Steve Stivers. Unfortunately, he is not my congressman, but he is very involved with our veterns. He is a true patriot.

• Intro Updated Aug 30, 2012

Comments

Iluv2surf2 Lives Here!

Iluv2surf2

“I may be wrong but I`m never in doubt.”

Badges & Stats in Columbus

Have you been to Columbus?

Latest Activity in Columbus