"My Home" Columbus by Iluv2surf2
Columbus Travel Guide: 501 reviews and 849 photos
This is one of the BEST cities to live in if you have to live in a city. It's friendly, clean and stable. Columbus is somewhere around the 15th-17th largest city is USA. We are geographically almost in the center of the state and we are the capitol of America's 17th state.
We are also the home of The Ohio State University Buckeyes! Go Bucks!
We also have other fine colleges and universities based here such as Capitol, Otterbein and Franklin.
We had to face the sad reality of snow after returning from Southern California from our January 2011 vacation! But that's what life is like here. You'll hear people say, "If you don't like the weather, stick around 5 minutes and it'll change"!!! Sad but true words, at least it seems that way.
I was so afraid Evelyn would have difficulty adjusting to our weather, but she didn't. I had the same fears when her mom came to live with us in 2010, but she loves the snow also!
The older gentleman, is my Dad, who is a proud vetern of WW2. he is 86 years old. He had just returned home asfter being involved with Honor Flight, http://honorflight.org/ that takes our WW2 & Korean War veterns on an all expense paid day trip to Washington DC to visit the memorials. This is a very noble organization that properly honors our veterans and America's greatest generation.
In the red shirt is Congressman Steve Stivers. Unfortunately, he is not my congressman, but he is very involved with our veterns. He is a true patriot.
Iluv2surf2's Related Pages
Columbus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Walk Along High Street in the Ohio State Capitol"
- "Columbus, Ohio, More Than Just a Zoo"
- "My Stay in columbus"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Columbus, Ohio"
- "Columbus: Much more than you think"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Columbus
- Hotels in Columbus
- Transportation in Columbus
- Nightlife in Columbus
- Restaurants in Columbus
- Shopping in Columbus
- Warnings and Dangers in Columbus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Columbus
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Columbus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Columbus
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davao Intro, 39 reviews, 114 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Cebu Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Chicago Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Panabo Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Mindanao 1 review, 5 photos
- Ohio Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.