Davao Hotel Tips by Iluv2surf2 Top 5 Page for this destination

Davao Hotels: 2,276 reviews and 80 photos

Cottage Porch on Paradise Island - Davao

Cottage Porch on Paradise Island

Paradise Island: Beautiful Resort Island

Paradise Island is truly one of the most beautiful spots in Davao City. It is a small island known as Samal Island. The beauty is extraordinary. To truly have been not only fortunate enough to lay claim or buy the island and then top be wealthy enough to secure it properly would have been an opportunity of a lifetime I would like to have been in that position.

The cottages are nice. I like the large porch where we can enjoy a family meal at the table, alk or even play cards. Room service is available, at a price, but the service is good. The food is generally OK.

Other than some customer service issues and on trip 3, some honesty & integrity issues, it was a beautiful and relaxing place to visit and experience.

The honesty & integrity issue I refer to is on trip 3 is centered around one issue. We were doing an overnight there, but we had a very large group in for the day. The "consier" kept telling us our cottage was not ready for us to take our things to store. This went on ALL DAY. I'm sorry, most legitimate hotels will let you check in some time in the afternoon. This lie they kept telling us lasted until the day guests left. Then what do you know? Our cottage was magically ready. The TRUTH is they didn't want our guests to use the cottage for any reason, to change clothes, a shower or even use the toilet. I think the policy is goofy, but I find the lies reprehensible. If it were up to me solely, I'd never go back there because of the moral and ethical bankruptcy, but my wife has a say in it.

Address: Samal Island

Comparison: about average

Directions: Just off the coast of Davao City.

Price: less than US$20

Theme: Other

• Written Jun 4, 2008
Waterfrot Lobby - Davao

Waterfrot Lobby

Insular Waterfront Hotel: Davao Insular Waterfront Hotel Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao Review

Davao Insular Waterfront Hotel
This hotel is very affordable and would compare to accommodations in USA costing $200+ per night for only $54.

Each time I have stayed there I become more convinced it has the best accommodations, or at least is in the top 2, maybe 3 best in Davao. I haven't stayed at the Apo View or Marco Polo, which I understand are great. I'm probably to cheap to stay there, so it's not ikely I'll have a firsthand view, but you never know!

Unique Qualities: This is one of the finest hotels I have stayed ANYWHERE. The accommodations are first class and the staff is very professional, friendly and accommodating.

"Located by the beach overlooking Davao Gulf and Samal Island, Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao awaits your discovery! Its one hundred sixty-room facility sparkles like a gem in the heart of the unspoiled island of Mindanao. Enjoy a dip on the hotel's swimming pool surrounded by lush gardens and a view of the beach. For health buffs, there is a jogging path in and around the gardens of the hotel as well as a basketball court, tennis court, pitch n' putt greens. One can also enjoy a stroll along beach right in front of the hotel."

I don't remember writing the above paragraph. It sounds like a promp piece and a bit flowery for my my style. But it is a great hotel.

Address: Lanang, 8000 Davao City

Comparison: about average

Directions: Located in Davao City near the airport. Lanang, 8000 Davao City, Philippines

Other Contact: Lanang, 8000 Davao City, Philipp

• Updated Apr 25, 2007
Bogobo House Hotel Recption Area - Davao

Bogobo House Hotel Recption Area

Bogobo House Hotel: Bogobo House Hotel Bagobo House Hotel Review

Our last trip to the Philippines we stayed at the Bogobo House Hotel. For as much time we spent there it was OK. It's proximity to shopping, restaurants, and my wife's old boarding house at Dories Food Stuffs (which used to be located at 249 San Pedro St.) where she still has friends living, made it convenient for us.

The Bogobo House Hotel is close to about everything you'll need if you're staying in Davao City. Gaisano Mall is an EXCELLENT place to shop. They have an excellent variety of shopping selections, a movie theater and a good food court. The Bogobo House is about a 2 minute walk to Gaisano Mall.

Room prices at the Bogobo House Hotel are very affordable. We were there for 3 weeks and they were willing to negotiate a little on price. I'm very practical and a realist. I don't need the most expensive place with posh surroundings to call home. I'm there long enough to sleep and shower so why should I waste my money on athmosphere when I can absorb more of the culture and spend more of my money on things I want instead of a hotel room? It's secure, clean, close to many things and a great value.

Unique Qualities: The accommodations are modest, but for all you use it for, sleeping, a shower and keeping your "stuff" someplace reasonably secure, it's OK. One GREAT sevice they offer is laundry. If you need anything laundered they'll do it at a very reasonable cost, and it's ready in about a day! We tend to pack only the minimum because we can maximize what we take and because we buy so much there to bring home. The service is well worth it.

The house staff is very friendly and courteous. But they just doesn't get it about bringing coffee to your room. It's never hot enough and never enough. On my Third trip there, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I brought a couple of pounds of ground Starbucks coffee with me and bought a coffee maker. I finally had good, hot coffee!

The housekeeping staff is friendly & courteous and the rooms are clean and well kept. Whenever you return after a few hours, they always have the air conditioning turned up to high for my liking. In other words, it was to hot for me because I want a wall of cold air to hit me, but it never happened.

Despite my unique expectations, it really is an OK place to stay.

They also offer Wi-Fi for your laptop in their lobby when you buy access 1 hour for 100PhP. One improvement would be to make it available in the rooms.

There is adequate security for protection, so it is worthwhile to have the peace of mind that you'll be safe there.

Address: Gov. Duterte St., Davao City

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: This hotel is within walking distance to Gaisano Mall and many restaurant choices.

Other Contact: vmm_19772004@yahoo.com

Phone: 011-63-222-4444 ask for Mae

Price: less than US$20

Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 6, 2007

Iluv2surf2

“I may be wrong but I`m never in doubt.”

Badges & Stats in Davao

Have you been to Davao?

Latest Activity in Davao

Visiting Davao?
Read real reviews about Davao Hotels!

Friends