"Tres dias en Barcelona" Barcelona by annase
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,754 reviews and 22,432 photos
I spent 3 days in Barcelona in December 2007. The city was interesting, however, at that time of the year probably not at its best. I think the city is probably at its best during the summer as you can then hit the beaches (although not everyone agrees as you can see from the comments below. Thanks for everyone for their contributions). Of course, you can still go to the seaside any time of the year although it's not warm enough to lay on the beach and work on your tan! =) When I went to down there, there were a couple of guys trying to surf, but the waves weren't very big for them to actually be able to do it properly!
There were a lot of Spanish speaking people around at that time of the year. I only heard occasional Danish and German once. I don't know what's case in summer.
The highlights for me on my visit were definitely the Magic Fountain on foot of the hill Montjüic (Jewish mountain) and the Sagrada Familia in its evening lighting as well as the Güell park.
I also visited the Picasso museum and would have wanted to go to Joan Miro museum, but the queues were too long as it was during the Xmas break and virtually everyone seemed to be off from work!!
I had a lovely vegan meal at Juicy Jones which is absolutely great, if you are vegan/vegetarian.
- Pros:Many interesting cultural sights
- Cons:The city's probably at its best in summer =)
Lima's Guesthouse is run by a very nice South-American couple who are very kind and helpful. When you book a room at... more travel advice
Although Picasso was originally not from Barcelona or Catalonia, he lived in the city for a while. A large part of the... more travel advice
annase's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 11 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 84 reviews, 203 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kajaani Intro, 26 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Farnham Intro, 23 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bath Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Guildford Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues