"Tres dias en Barcelona" Barcelona by annase

Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,678 reviews and 22,292 photos

I spent 3 days in Barcelona in December 2007. The city was interesting, however, at that time of the year probably not at its best. I think the city is probably at its best during the summer as you can then hit the beaches (although not everyone agrees as you can see from the comments below. Thanks for everyone for their contributions). Of course, you can still go to the seaside any time of the year although it's not warm enough to lay on the beach and work on your tan! =) When I went to down there, there were a couple of guys trying to surf, but the waves weren't very big for them to actually be able to do it properly!

There were a lot of Spanish speaking people around at that time of the year. I only heard occasional Danish and German once. I don't know what's case in summer.

The highlights for me on my visit were definitely the Magic Fountain on foot of the hill Montjüic (Jewish mountain) and the Sagrada Familia in its evening lighting as well as the Güell park.

I also visited the Picasso museum and would have wanted to go to Joan Miro museum, but the queues were too long as it was during the Xmas break and virtually everyone seemed to be off from work!!

I had a lovely vegan meal at Juicy Jones which is absolutely great, if you are vegan/vegetarian.

• Pros:Many interesting cultural sights
  • Cons:The city's probably at its best in summer =)
  • Last visit to Barcelona: Dec 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 14, 2008

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Wonderful tips, Sanna! I really must go to Barcelona some day soon! La Sagrada Familia looks breathtaking, and the beaches look popular even in December! Happy Travels, Jonathan.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2008 at 3:06 AM

Hello, Sanna. Being a tourist, myself, in Barcelona, I found that both May and September were great months to visit. Isn't that summer? Regards, Larry

• xinoxano's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2008 at 6:03 AM

You are not right. Summer is NOT the best time to visit Barcelona. There are too many tourists and in some cases of the worst kind.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Great Barcelona tips! I'm really looking forward to my first visit later this year, I''ll be there for a week.

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Glad you enjoyed a little trip to Barcelona - perhaps my favorite city. I want to go back!

annase

“Travel light”

Badges & Stats in Barcelona

Have you been to Barcelona?

Latest Activity in Barcelona