"Trona Pinnacles!" Trona by sabe
Trona Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 60 photos
Trona means to sit on the throne, to look down at the lower ones below in Swedish. Funny enough it's quite suitable for this rather remarcable place in the middle of the desert. Trona was my first stop on a week-long ghost-town hunt in the Californian and Nevadian deserts. Trona is not a ghost town by any means, but still definately worth the wash-board like dirt roads leading there.
- Pros:Sandy, hot and salty
- Cons:Far far from Sweden
- In a nutshell:Desert!
The salt is ever so present. A thin crispy layer covers big parts of the Californian desert. more travel advice
sabe's Related Pages
Trona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trona - a little town that still boast life:-)"
- "Just south of Trona"
- "Trona Pinnacles!"
- "diana_daniel's new Trona Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trona
- Transportation in Trona
- Restaurants in Trona
- Warnings and Dangers in Trona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trona
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Trona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trona
Top 10 Pages
- Göteborg Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Sweden Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Greece Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Malta Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Toronto Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- United States of America Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Arizona Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos