"The World Is Bigger Than You Think. Really." sabe's Profile
To travel is to hang one's hat wherever that might be.
To overcome the shyness of asking anyone at anytime for
even when you're on the street in question.
To not buy a plastic donkey that double functions as a cigarette
holder and a sun screen dispenser and think that,
that's what it's all about.
I'm working slowly through the jungle of the world
and still, I have a lot left,
but one day, I know, I'll lay there, six feet below,
with a content smile on my lips,
Because I know, I at least didn't stay home.
Home is where I hang my hat.
And I've got many hats.
Right now home is Alexandria, Virginia, USA, but my real home will always be in Sweden.
That's why I haven't changed my hometown.
This poses a few problems when fellow VT members wants me to show them my town...since I most likely will be on the wrong continent.
Sorry about that.
And to add to that; between 2008 and 2009 I'll be living in Las Vegas, NV. Yeah; Sin city in the middle of the Nevada desert. I guess sin has been replaced by all you can eat buffets and a Disneylike cooperation-run playpark of a strip though. Maybe I can dig out a little good old fashion sin. I'm sure I'll be writing about it, since it really isn't a boring city by any means :)
Or "I hung it up for good". I have now been living on the beautiful island of Oahu for about 4 years, and I can honestly say there are very few places that has everything I've been searching for. Of course; there isn't a lot of pickled herring, chantrells or wild strawberries around, but the alternatives are quite thrilling. But Hawaii's got almost all of it.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 209 Reviews
- 244 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 27 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
updated their Profile Page "The World Is Bigger Than You Think. Really."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The World Is Bigger Than You Think. Really."
- sabe and matcrazy1 are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: SPAM!!"
- Commented on Fullmoonfever's profile page
- Wrote a Review Payphones about Overpricing in Palma de Mallorca Tourist Traps
- updated a Malta Travel Page "Exact change..."
Top 10 Pages
- Göteborg Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Sweden Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Greece Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Malta Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Toronto Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- United States of America Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Arizona Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22161 Reviews - 53866 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15523 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1908 Reviews - 4459 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos