"Forks - home of the Twilight Saga" Top 5 Page for this destination Forks by pacific_sol
Forks Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 32 photos
One of my favorite book series, the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer is set in the city of Forks, Washington, "the rainiest place in the continental United States." Since we were already in Washington, we had to make the 2 hour drive from Seattle to visit. I would have definitely wanted to visit the Olympic Peninsula anyways because of the UNESCO World Heritage designation but visiting Forks was icing on the cake and really fleshed out the books for me. The city is quite small, with only one stop light, and you could drive through the whole city in 10 minutes. It's missing the trappings of urban/suburban America, with the only chain store or restaurant being the Subway - everything else seems to be mom and pop places, which was quite charming.
Unless you're a Twilight Fan, there doesn't really seem to be much to do within the city of Forks. However, there are lots of recreational opportunities outside the city, including exploring all there is in the Olympic National Park via hiking, camping, kayaking, rafting, fishing etc. and visiting the beautiful beaches on the Pacific coast. Forks makes the perfect home base for all of these adventures.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery, nice people, change of pace for city dwellers
- In a nutshell:Your stepping stone to Twilight and the Olympic National Park
Author Stephenie Meyer decided to set Twilight, her story of star crossed human/vampire lovers in the "rainiest place in... more travel advice
pacific_sol's Related Pages
Forks Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Forks - home of the Twilight Saga"
- "Twilight of the Vampires"
- "Overview of Forks, Washington"
- "Forks, the Timber Town"
- "TWILIGHT put this town on the map"
- "Forks Page"
- "I never read the books but I've been to Forks!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Forks
- Hotels in Forks
- Restaurants in Forks
- Warnings and Dangers in Forks
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Forks
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Forks?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Forks
Photos in ForksSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Forks Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Cairns Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Hilo Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Munich Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
No friends yet.