"Breathtaking Bryce Canyon" Bryce Canyon National Park by pacific_sol
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 588 reviews and 1,464 photos
I've been hearing about Bryce Canyon for years from my grandaunt/uncle and about how pretty it is. The family ends up traveling during the Thanksgiving long weekend every few years, and this year ended up being the time that we finally decided to make the trek out to Bryce.
We found Bryce Canyon (actually a misnomer since it's not really a canyon but a plateau that is slowly eroding away) to be very beautiful, with all it nooks and crannies and hoodoo rock formations. The color of the rocks there were so much more colorful that what I saw in the Grand Canyon.
The Grand Canyon is magnificent in the sheer size of it and understanding the geologic forces that created it (the Colorado River), but Bryce Canyon is also undergoing a unique transformation that is slowly exposing the beautiful different rocks that make up the geology of the area. It's really hard to express in words but Bryce Canyon's formation is more graceful and "delicate." In comparison, the Grand Canyon is just like a gouge in the earth, albeit a very large one!
- Pros:Beautiful views, great picture taking and stargazing opportunities
- Cons:somewhat isolated, not many tourist facilities to choose from
There aren't many places to stay near Bryce Canyon National Park but the Best Western Bryce Canyon Grand was a nice... more travel advice
pacific_sol's Related Pages
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Hoodoos and Queens"
- "Bryce Canyon – magic encounters with artist Earth"
- "Don't Think Thrice, Bryce is All Right!"
- "Hoodoo's-NOt Boo Hoo's"
- "Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce"
- "Bryce Canyon National Park"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 16 Bryce Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bryce Canyon National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon National Park
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bryce Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryce Canyon National Park
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Forks Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Cairns Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Hilo Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Munich Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
No friends yet.