Quebec Transportation Tips by Greggor58 Top 5 Page for this destination
Quebec Transportation: 84 reviews and 84 photos
City Bus,Quebec City,Quebec,Canada.
After walking for two and a half days I caved and used a bus to get from Le Musee des beux- arts back into Old Quebec......
I walked up to the main street closest to the Gallery.....Chemin St-Louis or its also called Grand Alle and found a bus stop with information indicating that the number 11 bus stopped here and went into the Old City..le Vieux Quebec...
It cost me $ 2.60 EXACT change and I used the bus to get myself closer to where I was staying...as it happened....I only used the bus for about ten minutes and ended up getting off when I saw something else that caught my eye that I wanted to investigate...I ended up walking yet again...
Tired feet and legs.. : O [ Quebec City,Canada
When you come to explore Quebec City.....it is imperative that you bring good footwear along with you...
To really see and experience Old Quebec City I think the best way to see the most if its possible is by WALKING......
In my opinion to rent a car is a total waste of money....for the odd thing you might want to see or do that would require a vehicle there are tours available that you can use that are reasonably priced.
Gare du Palais,Quebec City,Quebec,Canada.
The Gare du Palais is a combination bus and train station located just outside of the Old City of Quebec...
It is located at the bottom of the hill to get to Upper Town...so if you're walking you might want to consider a taxi if you're loaded down with baggage...its not overly large and its very easy to figure out...a ticketing area just inside of the Via Train entrance and a ticketing area just inside the Bus transport side.
Theres a few shops for fast food and magazines if you might need them.
There are NO lockers here at this station....or I am told ANY train station in Canada any longer....
For a $ 3.00 fee they will however store your bags at the Via Rail baggage section of the Train Station.
I arrived at night, early,around 730 PM and I didn't see an abundance of taxis so I took off walking...I made it up the hill and without too much trouble I was checking into my accommodation about 30 or 40 minutes after my arrival at the station.
I took some time to look around the station a little when I was leaving and I easily found the connecting hallway to the bus station side of the operation.
What a GREAT IDEA this is to connect both the train and bus stations together....Trains certainly do NOT run to all of the smaller villages and towns in the Quebec City region and points beyond BUT the buses certainly DO!!!
To have them connected at one location is a really SMART idea!!
Other Contact: 450 rue de la Gare du Palais
More Reviews (21)
- See All Assemblée nationale du Québec..Seat of...
- See All Antiques Gallore....
- See All Pay Respects...The Vandoos Memorial...
Greggor58's Related Pages
Quebec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quebec, mon amour!"
- "Quebec City, Quebec, Canada"
- "Quebec City - A Bit of Europe Close at Hand!"
- "Quebec, the charming French town"
- "Une Petite Tour de La Ville de Quebec...."
- "Quebec City, c'est magnifique!"
- "LA BELLE PROVINCE - QUEBEC"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quebec
- Hotels in Quebec
- Transportation in Quebec
- Nightlife in Quebec
- Restaurants in Quebec
- Shopping in Quebec
- Warnings and Dangers in Quebec
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tilonia Hotels
- Martil Hotels
- Mount Nebo State Park Hotels
- Tatranska Lomnica
- Gibraltar Hotels
- Biot Transportation
- Kinderdijk Transportation
- Haworth Transportation
- Santa Catalina Island Transportation
- Seoul Transportation
- Kavala Transportation
- Livingstone Transportation
- North Sulawesi Province Transportation
- Province of Nueva Ecija Transportation
- Oakland Transportation
- Dolmus - Mini Bus
Badges & Stats in Quebec
- 24 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Quebec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quebec
- Posted in Travel Quebec Forum "Re: places of interest"
- Commented on one of Greggor58's Quebec travel pages
- updated a Quebec Travel Page "Une Petite Tour de La Ville de Quebec...."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Christian Landmarks of Old Quebec..."
- Wrote a Review Assemblée nationale du Québec..Seat of Government. in Quebec Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Quebec
Photos in QuebecSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 54 reviews, 184 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hoi An Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 29 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sapa Intro, 23 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 21 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 21 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fribourg Intro, 17 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wengen Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (47)
Latest Quebec hotel reviews
- Hotel Manoir Victoria
- 395 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- L'Hotel Du Vieux Quebec
- 577 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- L Hotel Quebec
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 25, 2013
- L'Hotel Belley
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Auberge Saint Antoine
- 679 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Hotel de Glace
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Auberge la Pinsonniere
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- 71 Hotel Cafe
- 379 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Hotel Quartier
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Chateau des Tourelles
- 239 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Auberge Le Vincent
- 363 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Sandman Hotel Longueuil-Montreal
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Chateau Laurier Hotel
- 316 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Le Manoir de Beaumont
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 15, 2011
- Montmorency Falls- 30 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Place Royale & Le Petit Champlain- 66 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Chateau Frontenac- 36 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Walking around Vieux Quebec- 25 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Vieux Quebec architecture & monuments- 37 Reviews, 46 Photos
- Ste-Anne-de-Beaupre Basilica- 10 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Plains of Abraham (Battlefields Park)- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Terrasse Dufferin- 26 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Notre-Dame Basilica Cathedral- 13 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Carnaval de Quebec- 12 Reviews, 21 Photos
See All Quebec Things to Do