"Fresh Water Ocean...." Top 5 Page for this destination Wawa by Greggor58
Wawa Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 56 photos
Wawa is the closest community to Lake Superior Provincail Park...in Northern Ontario...its about a ten or eleven hour drive North-West from Ottawa...along what is commonly referred to as the Trans Canada Highway...a road that stretches from Newfoundland on Canada's Atlantic Coast to the tip of Vancouver Island on the Pacific Coast.
The name Wawa comes from the Ojibwa word wewe meaning wild goose.
Lake Superior and Lake Superior Provincial Park are popular destinations for hiking and wildlife observation.Its pretty isolated territory...and its always possible to come across bear,moose,fox and other animals anywhere around here...
Lake Superior Provincial Park,one of Ontario's largest parks, is famous for its rugged and dramatic topographic features. The park's high, rounded hills are remnants of ancient mountain ranges, worn down over time by glaciers and blanketed with glacial sediments. Rivers drop rapidly from the interior highlands of this part of Ontario to the Lake Superior shoreline, creating rapids and dramatic waterfalls. Faults -- places where rock masses were wrenched apart by earthquakes -- shaped the magnificent Agawa Canyon, Agawa Rock, and Old Woman Bay. These are some of Ontario's most breathtaking scenes and have inspired many artists,particularly Canada's Group of Seven.
The Park facilities are available all year round...although in Winter they are scaled back considerably...but accessible for skiing, snowshoeing and ice fishing.
Summer offers the full benefits of this wild experience offering camping facilities,fishing access, canoe routes bring you to some really marvelous camping spots,wildlife viewing.Iinterpretation guides are available at some of the most interesting spots the Park has to offer.
On the Eastern borders of the Park,along the shore of Lake Superior you will find Agawa Rock...the site of an amazing assembly of ancient rock paintings.
A cliff-face rising 30 meters above Lake Superior is the site of 35 pictographs or Indian rock paintings believed to be centuries old...
Greggor58's Related Pages
Wawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wawa, Ontario, Canada"
- "Wawa Geese!"
- "Wawa; The hitchhikers hell"
- "Fresh Water Ocean...."
- "Wawa Ontario Canada"
- "Fishing trip to Wawa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wawa
- Hotels in Wawa
- Transportation in Wawa
- Restaurants in Wawa
- Shopping in Wawa
- Warnings and Dangers in Wawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wawa
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Wawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wawa
Photos in WawaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 54 reviews, 184 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hoi An Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 29 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sapa Intro, 23 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 21 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 21 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fribourg Intro, 17 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wengen Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues