Samnaun Things to Do Tips by Greggor58 Top 5 Page for this destination
Samnaun Things to Do: 6 reviews and 10 photos
Sking the Top...Samnaun Ski Resort,Samnaun,CH.
A double decker gondola gets to to the jump off point...and from there the World is your oyster.There are a multitude of different lifts to take you higher and to different ski areas...in total....around fourty lifts I believe.
The altitudes of the various runs stretches from 1840 m to 2872 m...so on a day when the skies are clear...for sure bring SUNSCREEN!! If you can believe this....there are around 235 kms of available runs to ski.......
As I've mentioned....I wasnt skiing due to a knee problem.....but I will return!
WE did use the lifts....to go to the top...on foot...and it looks to be incredible skiing here...the sun was shining and the skies were blue!
Everywhere one looks when you're in the Village...there are places to eat...EVERYWHERE we went for dinner the food was outrageously GOOD and packed with LOADS of calories for the Winter climate....
Service was always good...and we enjoyed a couple of different places free entres ...unexpectedly...and wines were reported to be quite good...
Im not always on the ball when it comes to writing things down...or taking pictures also...so sometimes my information here might be incomplete...as in restaurant names....wines names..OPPPPPS!!
Every dinner was an occasion and we were never rushed...most nights we took our time and made it an event ....an opportunity to have some laughs and swap stories and jokes!
For a real TREAT....and something that is a little unique I thought....check out the Theatergruppe Samnaun....a local Theatre group that performs once a week during the High Season.
My friend Sabrina participates and we watched a production of "Zimmer 12a"...."No Room for Love"...a wimsical comedy written by Anthony Marriott and Bob Grant...
The show was great fun...and in spite of being produced in German I caught for the most part the jist of the show...from front row and center seats...It was a hoot!
I would encourage you to check this out if you might ever be in Samnaun !!
The cost was 12 CHF[8.0 EUR] for adults ....and under 16...7 CHF or 4.50 EUR.
Photos by Andy... : O ]
Address: Festsaal or Festival Room...Samnaun-Compatsch.
Phone: 081 868 58 58
More Reviews (8)
- The Lift Station....
- See All Apres Ski....and or Dinner....
- See All Duty Free Zone...EVERYWHERE you look...
Greggor58's Related Pages
Samnaun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On top of The World...."
- "Skiing and Duty Free Shopping"
- "Saumnaun, the duty free aera of Switzerland"
- "50 Duty Free Shops - and no airport!"
- "My extremely short first stay in Switzerland"
- "Five small villages"
- "duty free resort in Eastern Swiss alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Samnaun
- Hotels in Samnaun
- Transportation in Samnaun
- Nightlife in Samnaun
- Restaurants in Samnaun
- Shopping in Samnaun
- Warnings and Dangers in Samnaun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Samnaun
- 11 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Samnaun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Samnaun
Photos in SamnaunSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 54 reviews, 184 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hoi An Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 29 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sapa Intro, 23 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 21 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 21 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fribourg Intro, 17 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wengen Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues