"Antigua" Antigua and Barbuda by Greggor58
Antigua and Barbuda Travel Guide: 410 reviews and 1,254 photos
This was to be our" home away from home"..
This little jaunt started in Victoria..to Vancouver for a connection to Toronto and then to Ottawa...The whole idea of getting to Ottawa was to surprise my parents on they're 50th Wedding Anniversary.
Twenty four hours after hitting Ottawa I turned around and headed back to Toroonto for our connection to Antigua.
We were to spend about five days here before the next leg of this trip ..on to Montserrat...just months before the volcano became active for the first time in many years,and almost a year previous to the BIG eruption that changed the lives of so many people forever!
I remember being in my living room in Victoria, a few months later, and the Weather Channel was on the tele....when an info band scrolled across the bottom of the screen saying that the Soufrierre Hills volcanoe in Montserrat had been venting or giving off steam or something like that.I have a little storey for later...look at the Montserrat page to read more about this.
So Half Moon Bay was our base from which we explored a little....and just took it easy enjoying great food and wonderful ocean and great beach!
I cant remember what year after our stay here....but this little hotel was blown off the map when a Hurricane ripped through here so best to my knowledge it doesnt exist anymore.
One of our excursions brought us to St John's..the Capital City...
I remember hanging out at the Casino a little bit...and wandering around the town for a while.We used a taxi to get in and out of town.I have no recollection of how much or how little it all cost us.
As usual....I remeber it feeling so hot and as usual....I wanted to get back to swim and cool off in the ocean.
This guy was absoluetly CHOKED...at me for taking his picture.He was just outside of our room cutting coconuts off of the tree and I was in my room when I noticed him.
So when he saw me taking his picture he started giving me all kinds of grief...anyhow...I didnt think I was imposing on him but apparently he did!
Whatever....I thought it was good subject material...
- Pros:Great beach...!!
Greggor58's Related Pages
Antigua and Barbuda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Antigua - on a shoestring"
- "365 Days of Beaches"
- "Antigua for a Day!"
- "AntigA with U"
- "Antigua Wedding 2004"
- "Antigua & Barbuda"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antigua and Barbuda
- Hotels in Antigua and Barbuda
- Transportation in Antigua and Barbuda
- Nightlife in Antigua and Barbuda
- Restaurants in Antigua and Barbuda
- Shopping in Antigua and Barbuda
- Warnings and Dangers in Antigua and Barbuda
- See All...
Explore the World
- Land Rheinland-Pfalz
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Dunns River Falls and Beach Hotels
- Punxsutawney Hotels
- Red Bank
- Ringwood Manor State Park
- Providenciales Island
- Union Creek Hotels
- Orangeville Hotels
- Bandar Khayran Hotels
- Ngablak Hotels
- Rangitoto Island
Badges & Stats in Antigua and Barbuda
- 0 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Antigua and Barbuda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antigua and Barbuda
Photos in Antigua and BarbudaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 54 reviews, 184 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hoi An Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 29 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sapa Intro, 23 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 21 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 21 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fribourg Intro, 17 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wengen Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues