Tobago Transportation Tips by Greggor58 Top 5 Page for this destination

Tobago Transportation: 9 reviews and 8 photos

Ram's the TAXI in Tobago... - Tobago

Ram's the TAXI in Tobago...

Ram’s Taxi Service..

I didn’t have a rental car and I crossed paths with Ram on a rainy afternoon when I had had enough of walking...I broke down…

I was hanging out at Grafton Beach close to Black Rock and it had rained quite heavily and I asked one of thee girls at the Beach Bar…maybe Janet…or Karen..to call me a taxi.

Ram showed up quickly and that was the first time of many that I used his services. All I had to do was give him a call and he would arrive when he said that he would. Just to be certain, as I do in any situation like this I established on the telephone what the fare will be and that’s settled no surprises and no problems.

There are here in Tobago I think fixed rates for travel between zones. At Crown Point International Airport just outside of the Arrivals section you’ll find a sign with posted information for rates to various destinations on the island.
I used Ram’s service to move between Plymouth areas and as far south as Crown Point.

Even when I prearranged a transport he was punctual, maybe more so than I was, more than once when I arrived at our arranged pick up spot and he was there patiently waiting for me.

Ram's vehicle is a small van and can accommodate up to seven people and is air conditioned..and he's available with notice 24 hours around the clock..

Initially he was somewhat reserved and maybe somewhat shy but after the third ride or so he started to open up and we had some interesting conversations.

When you’re visiting in the Black Rock area or Scarborough I’d try to arrange transport with Ram. He is I think honest and for sure reliable. I didn’t feel like I was being gouged when I was quoted a rate and I liked his easy going personality.

Mode: AROUND

Phone: 868 708 3014

Type: Other

Website: http://868 383 1019

• Written Jun 18, 2011
Crown Point International Airport,Tonabo. - Tobago

Crown Point International Airport,Tonabo.

Crown Point International Airport...TAB.

You won’t get lost using this small International Airport located at Crown Point on the south end of Tobago. Its not hard to figure out and there are FEW conveniences to be had here. There’s not an over abundance of shops to pick up last minute gifts or snacks so don’t depend on the airport as a last chance for last minute shopping or a good meal if you’re hungry.

Crown Point is seemingly serviced well enough and there are daily flights to and from Port of Spain and Tobago with Caribbean Airlines.
Another regional carrier, LIAT also has daily flights in and out to various islands such as Grenada and Barbados.
Tobago is also serviced by carriers out of the UK and Frankfurt ad Crown Point is the destination airport for these flights.

A word of caution, given the small size of the airport, the ticketing and check in area of the airport is kind of small and likely has the potential to jam up easily when any of the Euro flights are preparing. ARRIVE EARLY!!

As it was, my outbound flight co-incided with one of these flights but because I had arrived early I avoided having to suffer any major line ups

The arrivals area is also small and when I arrived on a flight from Barbados we were the only people that they were processing and so it was a fairly fast exit from baggage pick up and Customs, but again, if arriving on a large aircraft be prepared for some waiting. I wouldn’t imagine it would be a fast process given the number of Customs stations and the confined space.

There was good availability of taxis waiting for our inbound flight and there is signage indicating fixed rates for different communities throughout Tobago. I whisked myself out of there as soon as possible and I didn’t wander around at all.

The link that I’ll provide below is I think the official website for the airport but seemingly is primarily a vehicle for advertisement.

Mode: TO

Phone: 868 639 8547

Type: Airplane

Website: http://www.crownpointairport.com/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Jun 18, 2011

Greggor58

“Every road goes SOMEWHERE...”

Badges & Stats in Tobago