"Cayo Largo....MORE beach...and MORE beach...." Top 5 Page for this destination Cayo Largo by Greggor58

Cayo Largo Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 118 photos

Little Coral Island in the Sea...

This little Island is just a tiny spit of an Island...maybe maximum three or four Km wide...and about 28 Kms long...it is a part of the Canarreos archipelago which is Cuban Terrotory...it is relatively close to Isla de la Juventud and is due North of the Cayman Islands.

When I first set eyes on the beach I couldnt believe my eyes...it just went on for mile after mile and the sand was white and soft..mostly coral I guess..absolutely GORGEOUS!

Its another quiet little retreat from the Chaos that can be our Western World..

I have spent I guess about three weeks there....and have explored a little..

Both times that I have been..the weather has been absolutely tremendous...sunny day after sunny day.The average annual percipitation is minimal.

The Island was hit by a Category 4 hurricane in 2001 but has recovered Im told.

If you're a sun worshiper and you like it quiet...then I think that you would like Cayo Largo very much!!

• Pros:Amazing beach...beautiful white sand and great surf!
  • Cons:Um....can't think of ANY...
  • In a nutshell:YUMMY!!
  • Last visit to Cayo Largo: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2007

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Cuba is high on my list of places for my next trip. Thanks for stopping by some of my Argentina pages. I was there in November, so possibly the same weather in the shoulder season, but for me it was spring.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2010 at 11:13 AM

An interesting little page Greggor! I've always wanted another go at Cuba since my one and only visit to Cayo Coco in 1999.

• betska's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2010 at 7:59 PM

So...where's the travelogue? ooopps...found it?

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Sounds like you are a "sun worshipper!" The Beach does look lovely though, can understand people enjoying this area.

Greggor58

“Every road goes SOMEWHERE...”

Badges & Stats in Cayo Largo

Have you been to Cayo Largo?

Latest Activity in Cayo Largo