"Where the Atlantic Meets Land..." Top 5 Page for this destination Bathsheba by Greggor58

Bathsheba Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 60 photos

The RUGGED East Coast...

I've spent a little time on Barbados exploring and relaxing over the years and what I've discovered is that this coastline is my favourite area to spend time.

I first discovered it during my first stay in the early 1990's and I've returned here to Basheba every time I visit.

I enjoy the wild surf and strong winds that so often hit the coast here where the Atlantic first makes contact with the shoreline of Barbados.

In some ways its a kind of remote and getting here is a bit of a challenge.

For certain its not the first choice as a destination area for visitors to Barbados but if you make the journey here you'll be rewarded for your efforts when you see the vistas of "Atlantic Meeting Land".

Life Slows Down...

I recently visited briefly on an overnight transit through Barbados and when I discovered that I needed to overnight here to make a flight connection I immediately looked for accommodation here along this coast.

There just aren't an abundance of hotels over here on this coast but the New Edgewater Hotel responded to my inquiry and accepted my reservation for a one night stand.
The New Edgewater was to be my home during my brief stays, both southward and northward to and from Canada.

Coastline and Beach...

Adding to the beauty of this coast line are the unusual remnants of ancient coral formations that are raised out of the ocean at the shoreline and the mile after mile of mostly untouched beach.

This coast of Barbados is not developed much at all, a little unusual given the World Class surfing that's available just up the coast from the New Edgewater in an area called the Soup Bowl.

Named for the turbulent surf that's generated here, the Soup Bowl is THEE spot on Barbados for surfing and local and International competitions are held here annually.

• Pros:Wicked and wild ocean surf and winds..
  • Cons:Its a little remote and out of the way...maybe not a bad thing??
  • Last visit to Bathsheba: Apr 2011
  • Intro Updated Oct 2, 2011

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Good information on the Hotel. I always enjoy a Hotel with a sea view, and this one has a pretty good view!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2011 at 3:41 AM

The pool looks nice, but not being modern and a costly taxi fare would put me off staying.

Greggor58

“Every road goes SOMEWHERE...”

Badges & Stats in Bathsheba

Have you been to Bathsheba?