"Where the Atlantic Meets Land..." Bathsheba by Greggor58
Bathsheba Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 71 photos
I've spent a little time on Barbados exploring and relaxing over the years and what I've discovered is that this coastline is my favourite area to spend time.
I first discovered it during my first stay in the early 1990's and I've returned here to Basheba every time I visit.
I enjoy the wild surf and strong winds that so often hit the coast here where the Atlantic first makes contact with the shoreline of Barbados.
In some ways its a kind of remote and getting here is a bit of a challenge.
For certain its not the first choice as a destination area for visitors to Barbados but if you make the journey here you'll be rewarded for your efforts when you see the vistas of "Atlantic Meeting Land".
I recently visited briefly on an overnight transit through Barbados and when I discovered that I needed to overnight here to make a flight connection I immediately looked for accommodation here along this coast.
There just aren't an abundance of hotels over here on this coast but the New Edgewater Hotel responded to my inquiry and accepted my reservation for a one night stand.
The New Edgewater was to be my home during my brief stays, both southward and northward to and from Canada.
Adding to the beauty of this coast line are the unusual remnants of ancient coral formations that are raised out of the ocean at the shoreline and the mile after mile of mostly untouched beach.
This coast of Barbados is not developed much at all, a little unusual given the World Class surfing that's available just up the coast from the New Edgewater in an area called the Soup Bowl.
Named for the turbulent surf that's generated here, the Soup Bowl is THEE spot on Barbados for surfing and local and International competitions are held here annually.
- Pros:Wicked and wild ocean surf and winds..
- Cons:Its a little remote and out of the way...maybe not a bad thing??
Greggor58's Related Pages
Bathsheba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bathsheba, Barbados"
- "Surfers Destination"
- "Barbados - A Photographer's Point of View"
- "Surreal Landscape"
- "Where the Atlantic Meets Land..."
- "Soup bowl perfection"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bathsheba
- Hotels in Bathsheba
- Transportation in Bathsheba
- Nightlife in Bathsheba
- Restaurants in Bathsheba
- Shopping in Bathsheba
- Warnings and Dangers in Bathsheba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bathsheba
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Bathsheba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bathsheba
- updated a Bathsheba Travel Page "Where the Atlantic Meets Land..."
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Weather in Jan first week"
- Wrote a Review In a Word...Rustic.....but GREAT... in Bathsheba Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "In a Word...Rustic.....but GREAT Sea Views.."
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Bathsheba travel pages
Photos in BathshebaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ottawa Intro, 54 reviews, 184 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hoi An Intro, 25 reviews, 115 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria Intro, 29 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sapa Intro, 23 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 105 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 24 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 21 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 21 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fribourg Intro, 17 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wengen Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues