"Home of the Meteor" Superior by Toughluck
Superior Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 25 photos
Superior is a working city, paired with Duluth, Minnesota. Known locally as the Twin Ports, as opposed to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul). These two town where the center of the Iron Ore shipping industry. Today, they still ship iron ore, taconite pellets, and vast quantities of grain from the western plains.
- Pros:Smaller and quieter than Duluth - also flatter
- Cons:limited activities
- In a nutshell:Consider staying on this side of the Bay when visiting Duluth
You can tour this Gilded Age home, built in 1890. It's 42- room recall the elegance and early prosperity of the early... more travel advice
Superior still has the easiest to see ore docks. They're right off US 53 on the east side of town. They're private... more travel advice
Toughluck's Related Pages
Superior Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wisconsin's northern port"
- "Home of the Meteor"
- "Carl / Nicole Bisaillon's Superior page"
- "Superior, US"
- "Basaic Superior Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Superior
- Hotels in Superior
- Nightlife in Superior
- Restaurants in Superior
- Shopping in Superior
- Warnings and Dangers in Superior
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Superior
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Superior?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Superior
Photos in SuperiorSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 91 reviews, 227 photos, 8 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 9 travelogues