"Safe Harbor" Westport by Toughluck
Westport Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 80 photos
Washington State has an indented coastline. Numerous bays protrude into the state from the ocean. The bays provide safe harborage from the storms out on the ocean and are lined with wetlands, which are the homes of numerous waterfowl.
Numerous small ports line the coasts, set in from the ocean on the rivers that feed these bays. Most are now recreational marinas. Some like Westport still have commerical fishing fleets. Others like Aberdeen are major exporters of wood products and bulk lumber.
- Pros:Off season and weekdays, the shops and restaurants are a joy.
- In a nutshell:Wonderful town with a variety of maritine history.
Take advantage of your visit with us to see the 109 year old Grays Harbor Lighthouse from the viewing platform. This is... more travel advice
Toughluck's Related Pages
Westport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Nice Counterpoint to Ocean Shores"
- "Fish on!"
- "Safe Harbor"
- "Sand and wind"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Westport
- Hotels in Westport
- Transportation in Westport
- Restaurants in Westport
- Warnings and Dangers in Westport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Westport
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Westport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Westport
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 91 reviews, 227 photos, 8 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 9 travelogues