"You'll want to come back." Top 5 Page for this destination Friday Harbor by Toughluck
Friday Harbor Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 234 photos
Friday Harbor is the social, service and economic center of San Juan Island. You will find variety in places to stay, food to eat and things to do. You have the choice of staying in town or moving out into the surrounding countryside. B&B's dot the island and a few resort centers can be found. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time, you'll spend part of it in Friday Harbor. It's the only place you can get the ferry home.
You'll need a boat to get any where in the San Juan Islands. If you don't own your own, there are plenty available. The Washington State Ferries provide basic access to every major island. They are roomy and offer plenty of comforts. Walk on or bring your own car. The cruise through the islands is remarkable.
If you want a little closer look, there are whale watching trips out into the straits. These offer a different look and smaller boats. Regardless of how you get to the islands, you'll enjoy the trip.
If you're lucky, you'll go one way in the sun and the other with a little fog .
Friday Harbor is would be one of those quaint little harbor towns along the Washington Coast if is wasn't such a center of activity. Restaurants line the harbor. There are elegant dining with windows that look out over the harbor. There are fish places with outdoor seating stacked on the roofs to provide a view over the hub-bub below. When you get tired of the smell of cooking fish, there are more places just up the hill. Town is really 4 blocks by 5. There is more and it extends quite a was, but you'll probably spend most of your time (when in town) in those 20 blocks.
- In a nutshell:A small place with a lot to offer
Just west of town is the Lavender farm. They have two dozen different types of lavender and hundreds of products made... more travel advice
My brother had taught my son how to kayak in Montana, so when we arrived here on the ocean, they decided to give ocean... more travel advice
Toughluck's Related Pages
Friday Harbor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Friday Harbor/San Juan Island"
- "Friday Harbor, Washington"
- "San Juan island Page"
- "You'll want to come back."
- "Friday Harbor a tiny and cute place in the Ocean"
- "NWPassages's Friday Harbor Page"
- "Bus Tour by Ferry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Friday Harbor
- Hotels in Friday Harbor
- Transportation in Friday Harbor
- Nightlife in Friday Harbor
- Restaurants in Friday Harbor
- Shopping in Friday Harbor
- Warnings and Dangers in Friday Harbor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Friday Harbor
- 11 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Friday Harbor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Friday Harbor
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 91 reviews, 227 photos, 8 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 9 travelogues