"Life at the End of the Road" Top 5 Page for this destination Escalante by Toughluck
Escalante Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 82 photos
Escalante is like many other towns in Utah. Relatively small and off the main road. What makes this town wonderful is it's location at the hub of the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. From here, there is the Boulder Mountain road north to Torrey. "Hole in the Rock" historic road south to Glen Canyon. The Burr Trail Road to the Waterpocket fold of Capitol Reef National Park. Anasazi State Park . Calf Creek Recreation Area, and the length of the Escalante River .
Utah 12 has been designaged Scenic Byway 12 for the unique views and countryside through which it traverses. Don't take my word, go and see for yourself. You'll be amazed. For more to see, visit my Utah page.
- Pros:The variety of outdoor activities is astounding
- Cons:It's on the edge of nowhere
- In a nutshell:The trip is worth the price in scenery alone.
You can hike the entire Escalante River from town to the Colorado River (Lake Powell). Jim did. He planned for 2... more travel advice
At one time, it literally was a beaten path. I've heard that most of it is now paved. The stories of the trip are legend... more travel advice
Toughluck's Related Pages
Escalante Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Life at the End of the Road"
- "Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument"
- "Escalante is in an Enormous Wide Open Territory."
- "Escalante In the Grand Staircase"
- "gtmwander's Escalante Page"
- "mafootje's new Escalante Page"
- "Escalante, a different way seeing petrified wood"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Escalante
- Hotels in Escalante
- Transportation in Escalante
- Restaurants in Escalante
- Shopping in Escalante
- Warnings and Dangers in Escalante
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Escalante
- 8 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Escalante?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Escalante
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 92 reviews, 240 photos, 9 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 97 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues