"The Peaceful side of the Smoky's" Townsend by Toughluck
Townsend Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 54 photos
We preferred this to Gatlinburg or Cherokee. We had easy access to everything in the Great Smoky Mountains, a short drive to Gatlinburg and the strip, without the mass of people or activities.
- Pros:Easier to get about and you can see the mountains.
- Cons:Not as much to do, but still plenty.
- In a nutshell:It really is more peaceful and family oriented.
The Little River Lumber Company was the largest employer in the valley and owned a great portion of what has become the... more travel advice
While, the room was simple, it was just outside the park and near the restaurants and raft rentals. There were larger... more travel advice
Toughluck's Related Pages
Townsend Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The Quiet Side of the Smokies""
- "Townsend, TN in the Smoky Mountains"
- "2nd Honeymoon"
- "Townsend, Tennessee"
- "The Peaceful side of the Smoky's"
- "Townsend, TN - Entrance to Great Smokey Mtn NP"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Townsend
- Hotels in Townsend
- Nightlife in Townsend
- Restaurants in Townsend
- Warnings and Dangers in Townsend
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Townsend
- 8 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Townsend?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Townsend
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 86 reviews, 229 photos, 9 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 167 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 11 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 113 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 9 travelogues