"Home of Shilo National Mililtary Park" Savannah by Toughluck
Savannah Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 79 photos
The Union troops had been moving slowly south through Tennessee. They had taken Fort Henry and then Fort Donelson, up on the Kentucky line, opening up central Tennessee to the Union. At Pittsburg landing, just below Savannah, Gen. Grant had his troops massed for a movement against Corinth, Mississippi, just 30+ miles south. Early on the morning of the 6th, the camps were awakened by the Rebel yell.
Description: Scene depicting soldiers from the Union's Army of the Ohio under the command of Major General Don Carlos Buell disembarking in the rain from a steamboat at Pittsburg Landing on the night of Sunday, April 6, 1862 to reinforce General Grant's beleaguered army. Other steamboats are seen in the background with additional troops.
This site is a Mississippian Cultural Site. It was occupied from around 1000 CE by a Late Woodland and then Early... more travel advice
Written Mar 6, 2007
Shiloh (The Tour)
Written Oct 23, 2010
Indian Mound Nat'l Hist. Landmark.
Toughluck's Related Pages
Savannah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Savannah & nearby Shiloh Battlefield"
- "Home of Shilo National Mililtary Park"
- "Step Back In Time"
- "Basaic Savannah Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Savannah
- 3 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (92)
Have you been to Savannah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Savannah
Photos in SavannahSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 92 reviews, 240 photos, 9 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 98 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 9 travelogues