"Cottonwood Springs" Las Vegas by Toughluck
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 71 photos
Portion (of the ruin) of Post Hospital Building showing (original) adobe construction at Fort Union. April 15, 1956.
Las Vegas, New Mexico is a beautiful little town tucked up agains the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. It's eastern view is across hundreds of miles of the high plains. To the west, the Sangre's protect it from the harsh desert airs of Arizona. Natural springs and running water have helped the town maintain it's green trees through out the year, and provide cooling comfort on the hottest days.
Fort Union just outside of Las Vegas, was a welcome sight for the travelors on the Santa Fe Trail after nearly 560 miles (900 k), Fort Union was evidence that their journey was nearing an end.
Toughluck's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "No, not that one!"
- "Routeman's Las Vegas ( NM ) Page"
- "Basaic Las Vegas Page"
- "Weekend Getaway"
- "Cottonwood Springs"
- "Montana Man - Who Loves New Mexico"
- "Las Vegas, dull title, huh?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 86 reviews, 229 photos, 9 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 167 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 11 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 113 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 9 travelogues