"Quiet Place to spend a week" Eagle Harbor by Toughluck
Eagle Harbor Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 21 photos
You can pass through Eagle Harbor as just another lake front community along the shoreline. If you'll do, you'll miss the chance for a chance to become part of the Lake Superior life.
The main road runs through town, skirting the small harbor. You'll find few services and a few motels. But don't hurry. If you have time to spend the night, you'll enjoy the chance to walk along the wild lake shore of rock and the sandy beach of the town. You can walk anywhere in this town from anywhere. You'll meet people walking to the main restaurant from their lodging, rather then getting in the car.
Once an access point to the Keweenaw Copper Mines, Eagle Harbor is now a quiet lake front community. The Lighthouse still stands, guiding small craft into this safe harbor.
While it is easy to pass right through, it can take a little time to find the places of interest.
The town beach (one of only a few sandy places on this shore) is on front street. The entire length.
A motel is located along MI 26 to the east (right on the map).
The Breezes B&B/hotel is on the point juting into the harbor (Lighthouse rd) before the turn.
The Lighthouse is marked on the map
- Pros:Cool Summers and Friendly People
- Cons:A long way to anywhere
- In a nutshell:When I need to get away from the rush of life, here where I'll be.
Most people drive over bridges and never stop. They are a very utilitarian thing. In Eagle River, there are three... more travel advice
The Eagle Harbor Lighthouse is a museum of Great Lakes Shipping. You'll find information on life in the Lighthouse... more travel advice
Toughluck's Related Pages
Eagle Harbor Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Eagle Harbor
- Hotels in Eagle Harbor
- Restaurants in Eagle Harbor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eagle Harbor
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Eagle Harbor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eagle Harbor
Photos in Eagle HarborSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 91 reviews, 227 photos, 8 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 9 travelogues