"French, English and the American Revolution" Vincennes by Toughluck
Vincennes Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 134 photos
Founded by the French to establish a presence in the western frontier of North America. Vincennes became a center of western civilization and a place of rest for travelers from St. Louis heading north through Detroit to Montreal. Later, it was the target of American troops seeking to push the British out of the western territories during the American Revolution. Then it became the seat of government of the American territory of Indiana that once stretched from the Ohio River north to Lake Superior and north woods of Minnesota.
Toughluck's Related Pages
Vincennes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dripping With History"
- "Vincennes, IN U.S.A"
- "HISTORICAL VINCENNES"
- "Indiana's Oldest City"
- "cptcaveman's new Vincennes Page"
- "Vincennes and its attractions"
- "French, English and the American Revolution"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vincennes
- 4 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Vincennes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vincennes
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 92 reviews, 240 photos, 9 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 98 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 9 travelogues