"Flea Market Heaven" Shipshewana by Toughluck
Shipshewana Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 53 photos
There is Shipshewana and then there is 'Shipshewana'. Early references were always to the 'Tuesday & Wednesday' Flea Market. It's huge. You'll spend a day just wondering around the grounds. If you're into auctions, the auction house up along the main road, has furniture on one day (Tuesday, I think) and animals, mostly horses on the other day (Wednesday, if Tuesday was right for the furniture).
Then there's the town. Lots of stores, excellent food, another day's worth of wondering around.
- In a nutshell:More than just the famous flea market
New shop, with lots of variety. Postcards, kitchen utensils, quality furniture and easy access. Large selection of old... more travel advice
Best described as a bit of everything from Amish Country. This modern 3-story building houses nearly a dozen different... more travel advice
Toughluck's Related Pages
Shipshewana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the heart of Amish country"
- "Enjoy Time Travel in Shipshewana, Indiana"
- "Amish Home in Shipshewana"
- "Flea Market Heaven"
- "Shipshewana, Indiana Flea Market"
- "SHIPSHEWANA, INDIANA: HEART OF THE AMISH COUNTRY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shipshewana
- Restaurants in Shipshewana
- Shopping in Shipshewana
- Warnings and Dangers in Shipshewana
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Shipshewana
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Shipshewana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shipshewana
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 90 reviews, 221 photos, 7 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 111 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santa Fe Intro, 16 reviews, 71 photos, 7 travelogues