"Commercial Center of Lake County, Indiana" Merrillville by Toughluck
Merrillville Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Home of the major shopping district. Merrillville was once the generic name for everything around the intersection of I-65 and U.S. 30. Then the City of Hobart and the City of Merrillville began to aggressively annex the entire area. Today, nearly everything east of I-65 is 'technically' Hobart and all of that west of the freeway, is Merrillville.
Since downtown Hobart is north and east by about 5 or 6 miles, this area is still thought of as Merrillville. It's the Mall, three or five shopping plazas, two or is it three multi-screen theaters, the life Chicago Venue of the Star Plaza and nearly every hotel chain in the world.
- Pros:If you need it, it's here.
- Cons:Good luck getting where you need to go, it's busy roads.
Toughluck's Related Pages
Merrillville Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Merrillville
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Merrillville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Merrillville
Photos in MerrillvilleSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 91 reviews, 227 photos, 8 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 85 photos, 9 travelogues