"Valentines Day in Galena" Top 5 Page for this destination Galena by Toughluck
Galena Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 189 photos
Galena is a town that found wealth in the lead mines, i.e., galena ore. It sprang to life and then quietly was bypassed by the modern age. Nearly 90% of the old town is historic. This is also the Bed & Breakfast Capital (not their claim), but they have a lot of the midwest.
The movie 'Field of Dreams' was filmed here and across the river in Iowa (about 45 minutes). The High School Steps is where the scene with the Doctor in Minnesota declined to go with Kevin Costner.
- Pros:Victorian City, with all the charm of the 19th Century.
- Cons:You better like old buildings or shopping boutiques.
- In a nutshell:Quiet, place that's thrums with activity every weekend.
Hill Street isn't the only street with a hill, but it's a great one for showing the impact on town design. The city is... more travel advice
It's up hill one block from Main Street. No stores, but a variety of styles are here also. It's more open with fewer... more travel advice
Toughluck's Related Pages
Galena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Second Most Visited City in the State of Illinois"
- "Valentines Day in Galena"
- "Jenilady's new Galena Page"
- "Annual Easter Weekend"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Galena
- Hotels in Galena
- Transportation in Galena
- Nightlife in Galena
- Restaurants in Galena
- Shopping in Galena
- Warnings and Dangers in Galena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Galena
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Galena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Galena
Photos in GalenaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 92 reviews, 240 photos, 9 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 27 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues