"Edge of the Mountains" Golden by Toughluck
Golden Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 155 photos
Golden is best known as the home of Coors Beer. The town itself is really three towns. There's the brewery that spreads down stream for a mile or more. It's not intrusive as town is in the other valley. Old Town is at the river crossing and includes all the interesting places to shop and visit. Everything is in walking distance. The Colorado School of Mines is just up hill from this part of town. Then there is the modern town, leading south. Here you'll find all the modern stores and larger shops. The land of the big boxes. It's well done and easy to get around.
Golden is also county seat and the county facilities are located north towards I-70.
- Pros:Worth a day or two.
- In a nutshell:The historic area is a great walking town.
We walked a bit, checked out the other places in town. For a Thursday, it was fairly busy. Outdoor seating was at a... more travel advice
Located atop a high peak, just visible from the interstate is a statue of the Cruicified Christ. The 'shrine' is a... more travel advice
Toughluck's Related Pages
Golden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WHERE THE WEST LIVES"
- "The old capital of the Colorado Territory ."
- "More than Coors"
- "Best of Both Worlds"
- "Golden, Colorado: My Home!"
- "Golden Memories"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Golden
- Hotels in Golden
- Transportation in Golden
- Nightlife in Golden
- Restaurants in Golden
- Shopping in Golden
- Warnings and Dangers in Golden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Golden
- 5 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Golden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Golden
Photos in GoldenSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 86 reviews, 229 photos, 9 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 167 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 11 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 113 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 9 travelogues