"Highest Tides in the World" Province of New Brunswick by Toughluck
Province of New Brunswick Travel Guide: 943 reviews and 1,837 photos
I've switched the map to a more accurate representation of the Province. Historically, New Brunswick was a part of Nova Scotia, until after the American Revolution. It was the emigration from the new United States of people loyal to the king (United Empire Loyalist) that lead to the eventual creation of this province, separate from Nova Scotia.
A similar situation happened in the area referred to as Canada back then. Unlike American history books, there weren't 13 British colonies in North America, there were more like 18. Of these, Canada (now Ontario & Quebec), Prince Edwards Island, Newfoundland, Labrador and Nova Scotia remained loyal to the King. It was the other 13 that fought against the King for independence.
New Brunswick became an early 'beneficiary' of the war, when loyalist migragted north and settled in the St. Croix river valley and elsewhere. Because of their different colonial experience from the residents of Nova Scotia and their different situation in a more remote part of the colony of Nova Scotia, they established local authorities that did not always agree with Halifax. Over time, it was easier to split the province into 2 than to try and keep it together as one colony.
Under Construction. Please try:
VT's New Brunswick page
Toughluck's Related Pages
Province of New Brunswick Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Brunswick - my home province"
- "Fundy National Park, Alma and the Hopewell Rocks.."
- "The Bridges of New Brunswick"
- "It pays to get up early in New Brunswick"
- "Discovering the Maritimes"
- "New Brunswick"
- "The Province of New Brunswick"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of New Brunswick
- Hotels in Province of New Brunswick
- Transportation in Province of New Brunswick
- Nightlife in Province of New Brunswick
- Restaurants in Province of New Brunswick
- Shopping in Province of New Brunswick
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of New Brunswick
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of New Brunswick
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Province of New Brunswick?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of New Brunswick
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 86 reviews, 229 photos, 9 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 167 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 11 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 112 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 113 photos, 8 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 9 travelogues