"Sharing a Continent of Scenic Wonders" United States of America by Toughluck
United States of America Travel Guide: 285,681 reviews and 659,588 photos
This is one of the greatest natural wonders of the world. It's both in the US and Canada. The Canadian side is the best to see the falls, but the American side includes 'Goat Island', which is between the two falls and in the middle of the river. You'll find your ears still pounding after spending even a few minutes at the brink. It feels like every drop of water in the world is rushing over the edge and that soon the world will be dry. But no matter how long you stand there, it never stops. It hasn't stopped for centuries if not eons.
Yellowstone & National Parks
Michigan is surrounded by 3 of the 5 Great Lakes. Every where you go, is part of the Great Lakes, with hundreds of towns and harbors dotting a thousand miles of shoreline.
Toledo, Ohio, port on Lake Erie
Sandusky, Ohio and the Marblehead Penninsula are protected waters for small boats and a large amusement park. Home of the worlds largest number and variety of 'roller coasters'.
Maumee Bay State Park is one of several natural areas dotting the shores of the 5 Great Lakes. Here, the state park joins with state refuges and national wildlife refuges to protect thousands of migrating and nesting birds each year.
Cleveland, Ohio was once the gritty underbelly of industry along the lakes. Today, it is a revived city offering quality museums and lakefront attractions. The 'Forest City' and the Best Location in the Nation are again applicable to this vibrant community.
Grand Marais, Minnesota is the opposite of the industrial center. Started as a fishing village and today is the center of Cook County, Lake Superior's northern vacation land. From canoing the Boundary Waters Wilderness to a day on Isle Royale NP; you'll find a cool breeze on a hot day.
Still a work in Progress. I update it every other month or so, as my other tips expand. Come back regularly.
Cuyahoga Valley NP, Ohio
Hot Springs NP, Arkansas
Rocky Mountain NP, Colorado
Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Indiana
C&O Canal Nat'l Historic Site, Maryland
Grand Portage Nat'l Monument, Minnesota
Bandelier NM, New Mexico
Harpers Ferry Nat'l Historic Park, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia
Capitol Reef NP, Utah
Bryce Canyon NP, Utah
Mount Rushmore Nat'l Memorial, South Dakota
Badlands NP, South Dakota
New York City
Olympic National Park, Washington
- Pros:So much of nature is easily reached
- Cons:People, people everywhere
- In a nutshell:Something to see everywhere you look.
I'm not a city guy. But I enjoyed may days in New York. The busyness, the people, the buildings, the architecture and... more travel advice
Well-l-l-l-l, it's not 'technically a wilderness. Voyageurs National Park does not prohibit motor, as long as they're on... more travel advice
Toughluck's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 1,646 Reviews
- 5,553 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 273 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
Photos in United States of AmericaSee All Photos (5553)
Videos in United States of AmericaSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Valparaiso Intro, 90 reviews, 221 photos, 7 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 44 reviews, 151 photos, 6 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 32 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Indiana Intro, 26 reviews, 111 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cleveland Intro, 36 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 31 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kouts Intro, 16 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Indianapolis Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Santa Fe Intro, 16 reviews, 71 photos, 7 travelogues
Top United States of America hotels
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos
- Key West Hotels
- 2037 Reviews - 4028 Photos
- Miami Beach Hotels
- 1034 Reviews - 2092 Photos
- Kissimmee Hotels
- 181 Reviews - 351 Photos
- New Orleans Hotels
- 4178 Reviews - 7220 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Gatlinburg Hotels
- 388 Reviews - 649 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Honolulu Hotels
- 1993 Reviews - 4750 Photos
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9106 Reviews - 19355 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4385 Reviews - 8826 Photos
- Miami Hotels
- 1267 Reviews - 2919 Photos
- Chicago Hotels
- 5885 Reviews - 12006 Photos