"Travelling Jamesy style" jamesywilson's Profile

Canada - is there a better place in the World?

I travelled for 3 months in Canada including Vancouver, West Bank, Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Saskatoon, Vancouver Island (Victoria and beyond). I loved the people, the summer sunshine and the cheap travel across the country by Greyhound bus (admittedly it takes a long time as its a massive country). Its very laid back and has so much variation from relatively relaxing city life in Vancouver city, to the boiling heat in the semi-dessert (West Bank, or nearby Kelowna which has more to offer & is more famous) to the Rockies were Banff & Jasper blow you away with their incredible scenery & wildlife (I saw Moose, Bears, Deer). Im hoping to live in Canada in the years to come.

Turkey

Turkey surprised me how much it had to offer. I travelled with my girlfriend (now fiancee) from Bodrum in the South West to Marmaris in the central South and we went onto Rhodes after this. Most of our time was spent going out of the touristy towns and going on jeep rides by ourself and exploring. All travel guides tell you never to rent a vehicle in Turkey but if you know the variations in driving style/rules then it is a great & very cheap way to get around & also to see many things that you would not hear or see of. Bodrum is a really nice town however, i didnt like Marmaris as it is literally an English town dropped into Turkey ruining the nice scenery & removing all culture from the area. Turkey is cheap to fly to & cheap accomodation (e.g. lowcostbeds.com) however, i did notice that the prices have gone up this summer (2006) from last summer when we went.

• Intro Written Sep 28, 2006

Personal Pages (1)

• SirHalberd's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Nice

• Sep 29, 2006 at 8:39 AM

LOL @ the stag. I got 3 stags into my photo of my friends at the same place 3 at night.... and then they tried to get money from us! HAH my turkish friend told then off :))

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
jamesywilson's Profile Photo

jamesywilson

“God gave us an amazing world, go & see it!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.