Madeira Island Off The Beaten Path Tips by pikuu Top 5 Page for this destination
Madeira Island Off The Beaten Path: 74 reviews and 88 photos
Almost all the island interior is the National Park. It preserves the laural forest - relict from the past. Madeira forests - full of trees, flowers, streams and small waterfalls - are beautiful scenery for walking along the levadas (irrigation channels) or using the veredas (special pathways). Even short walk is worth of consideration.
In some texts Madeira forests (called Laurisilva) are described silimair to the Amazon jungle or Equatorial forests. IN real this is not true. Off course they are different than trees systems in north or central Europe (or America) but also far from atmosphere, humidity, variety, fauna and wildness of Borneo or Africa jungle.
In my opinion Laurisilva is something between north and tropical forests.
More Reviews (26)
- See All Porto Moniz - not only natural pools
- See All For yummy fish or/and a pint of local...
- See All Madeira in the interNET
pikuu's Related Pages
Madeira Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madeira Island - Sculpted by Gods"
- "Madeira - Small archipelago of volcanic orgin."
- "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- "ISLAND OF FLOWERS"
- "ilha da madeira"
- "An island of flowers and stunning scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madeira Island
- Hotels in Madeira Island
- Transportation in Madeira Island
- Nightlife in Madeira Island
- Restaurants in Madeira Island
- Shopping in Madeira Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Madeira Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Upper Canada Village Hotels
- Acoma Pueblo
- Vlodrop-Station Hotels
- Den Bosch Hotels
- Siggiewi Hotels
- Bahir Dar
- Rottnest Island
- Giardino Giusti
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Off The Beaten Path
- Breckenridge Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Thomas Off The Beaten Path
- Ocean beaches
- Jekyll Island Off The Beaten Path
- Miami Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Stratford-upon-Avon Off The Beaten Path
- Royal Mile
- Atlantic City Off The Beaten Path
- Snake Restaurant
- Darjeeling Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Madeira Island
- 27 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Madeira Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madeira Island
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euromeet 2010 in Krakow,..."
- Commented on one of Toshioohsako's Madeira Island travel pages
- updated a Madeira Island Travel Page "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Madeira: architecto"
- Wrote a Review Porto Moniz - not only natural pools in Madeira Island Things to Do
Photos in Madeira IslandSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 40 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesvos Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 27 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Andalucía Intro, 15 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Wojewodztwo Lubelskie Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Pieniny Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Uppsala Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Moniz Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue