Madeira Island Restaurant Tips by pikuu Top 5 Page for this destination
Madeira Island Restaurants: 50 reviews and 53 photos
Not especially modern furnished but nice restaurant located in Porto Moniz near the Living Science Centre roundabout (in Moniz everything is 'just near':)
Naturally I tried sea products - tuna steak was great, great, great. "espetada" with parsley and garlic also was yummy. I don't complain about "espetada" with bananas - Madeira delicacy. For all of mentioned meals the best companion is "milho frito" - fried corn-flour cubes (see my separate tip in local customs category).
Good mood is not only because great food but also relaxing atmosphere of this place, ocean in your ears and sun in windows.
Comparison: about average
Companion of your meal: Sao Vicente flower
In Sao Vicente - in opposite to the sea (on something like promenade) are located the row of restaurants. One of them - more or less in the row centre - is Ferro Velho.
Take a seat outside and ask for some fish dishes. We tried grilled sardines and local specialite - fish called Pargo (eng. red bream). Both were delicious.
My Sao Vicente caves tip
Comparison: about average
O Fio - Ponta do PArgo
"O Fio" - Casa de Cha/Teahouse - it's the full name of this marvellous place between centre of Ponta do Pargo and lightouse located on the west end of island.
Teahouses are traces of English history on Madeira. During the lazy afternoon you can stop in and drink (no necessary at 5 pm:) excellent tea, a small glass of Madeira wine or/and ask for local cake.
In "O Fio" this relaxing atmospehere is also underlined by extraordinary location. On the hill, near the lighthouse (5 min by car) with tremendous view of ocean you can find charming, traditional house with outside walls decorated by colourful flowers. Lovely!
Interior is modern equipped but comfortable. Try some coffee (or tea), Madeira wine and chocolate cake. Here you can also ask for lunch dishes. And... stare at ocean horizon!!
Comparison: more expensive than average
More Reviews (24)
- See All Porto Moniz - not only natural pools
- See All Madeira in the interNET
- See All yummy Milho Frito
pikuu's Related Pages
Madeira Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madeira Island - Sculpted by Gods"
- "Madeira - Small archipelago of volcanic orgin."
- "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- "ISLAND OF FLOWERS"
- "ilha da madeira"
- "An island of flowers and stunning scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madeira Island
- Hotels in Madeira Island
- Transportation in Madeira Island
- Nightlife in Madeira Island
- Restaurants in Madeira Island
- Shopping in Madeira Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Madeira Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madeira Island
- 27 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Madeira Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madeira Island
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Euromeet 2010 in Krakow,..."
- Commented on one of Toshioohsako's Madeira Island travel pages
- updated a Madeira Island Travel Page "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Madeira: architecto"
- Wrote a Review Porto Moniz - not only natural pools in Madeira Island Things to Do
Photos in Madeira IslandSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 40 reviews, 79 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lesvos Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madeira Island Intro, 27 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Andalucía Intro, 15 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Wojewodztwo Lubelskie Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Pieniny Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Uppsala Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Porto Moniz Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue