"The Colors of Lanzarote: piku's memory card" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote by pikuu

Isla de Lanzarote Travel Guide: 877 reviews and 1,786 photos

Lanzarote is the next island I visted in the frames of my lifelasting expedition called: "Islands of the Planet Earth" :). Before it I was on south Britain [1996], Orkney Islands [1997], eastern Crete [2003], central Dodecanese: Patmos, Kos, Nisyros [2005], Madeira [2006]. As You can see I'm still at the beginning of my route:)

Many perfect descrptions of many better than me writers (here on VT) show main Lanzarote attractions: Timanfaya, playas, Jameos del Aqua, Manrique works, Jardin de Cactus, Teguise and several others.

Here, on my pages I would like to concentrate on:
- places more seldom visted by tourists
- in case of well-known places I'd like to show my personal view
- except from practical tips I'd like also show you other various feelings, affairs and things accompanying my Lanzarote trip. One of the most important is the Michel Houellebecq's book "Platform".

What does it mean? Nothing now. But I hope You will better understand me after reading my descriptions. Please come in and check it up :)

And ... why the "colors" in the title of my page? Because Lanzarote is not as grey and black as some people present it. I found different shades of blue, red, green, white, grey and even yellow. And...I suppose that "collecting" the colors can be good way for visiting this lovely part od Canarias :)

• Last visit to Isla de Lanzarote: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2008

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2009 at 7:06 AM

I always enjoy your unique views on places you visit! Your Punta Mujeres tip made me laugh and I've never seen a vineyard as weird as La Geria! Loved your OTBP tips too - Caldera Blanca magnificent shot. Thanks for the tour of Lanzarote!

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2009 at 7:31 AM

a real and different Lanzarote we have here!

• kat-m's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2008 at 3:38 AM

thanks for your visit, I will read more of your pages when I get the time, cheers

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 2:22 PM

I must return one day to find the hidden charms = my visit was all pre VT = enjoyed your tips!!

• lomi's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 2:30 AM

I live near your favourite windmobile and have many lizards that eat everything in my organic garden. I think all the lizards on Lanzarote end up here. Very much enjoyed reading about your trip.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2007 at 12:22 PM

Did I say that I enjoy your way of writing? :) I think I should offer you a job :) It's a pity that people read less and less books :( NOTHING places... my inspiration... This is the real thing! :)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Loved the harbour but you can keep the crispy octopus! :-) Lovely colors, you are right.

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2007 at 1:19 PM

very nice page;) Photos are great as always;))

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2007 at 7:37 AM

Punto Jabillo is my favorite beach as well. I see I've still got plenty of places to see yet.

• paragianna75's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2007 at 12:57 AM

Amazing pictures of the craters, great tips, interesting informations about volcanos :)

pikuu

“Chasing sheep is best left to shephards”

Badges & Stats in Isla de Lanzarote

Have you been to Isla de Lanzarote?

Friends