"Kranstonakovs guide to the world" kranstonakov's Profile
UPDATE: Now living in Incheon - South Korea
I believe in real travelling, do your research but when your away, go for it and get involved.
Want the background??? Well, my old man was a bit of a globetrotter back in the day, so guess he gave me the motivation! Back when i was 16 i got myself an inter-rail pass for Europe, stuck my backpack on, grabbed a tent and a sleeping bag, and ive never looked back. That year i flew to Amsterdam, travelled through Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Italy, Greece and Sardinia. It was the freedom in it i think, not knowing or caring where i would be tomorrow, i made so many friends and stayed in so many glorious places - my life would change forever!
Travelling to date: (from what i can remember!)
2003: San Francisco - Grand Canyon - Las Vegas - Death Valley - Yosemite - San Diego - Los Angeles
2004: Amsterdam - Luxembourg - Dijon - Lyon - Modane - Milan - Venice - Civitanova Marche - Brindisi - Corfu - Taranto - Rome - Olbia - Alghero
2004: Barcelona, Spain
2005: Belrin - Poznan - Krakow - Budapest - Vienna - Ibiza - Granada - Malaga - Tangier - Marrakesh - Belfast
2005: Prague, Czech Republic
2005: Sofia, Bulgaria
2005: Sicily - Palermo - Catania
2006: Singapore - Sydney - Brisbane - Cairns - Darwin - Halls Creek - Perth - Kuala Lumpur - Hat Yai - Ko Pagnan - Ko Tao - Bangkok - Chang Mai - Belfast
2006: Riga, Latvia
2006: Elounda, Crete
2006: Castara, Trinidad & Tobago
2007 Trip: - Moscow - Yekaterinburg - Irkutsk - Ulan Bator - Beijing - X'ian - Lhasa - Guangzou - Haikou - Sanya - Hong Kong - Belfast
2007: Tampere, Finland
2008: Alghero, Sardinia
2008: Belgrade, Serbia
2008: 'Overland to Armenia 08'
London - Calais - Paris - Lyon - Milan - Trieste - Ljubljana - Zagreb - Dubrovnik - Sarajevo - Tirane - Skopje - Sofia - Varna - Istanbul - Trabzon - Batumi - Tbilisi - Yerevan - Odessa - Chisinau - Bucharest - Bratislava - Belfast
2009: Seoul, Incheon, Jeju, South Korea and Kenting, Taipei, Taiwan
2010: Japan: Osaka - Lake Biwa - Kyoto
October 2010: INDIA Bangalore - Pondicherry - Madurai - Cape Comorin - Kerala - Fort Cochin - Goa - Mumbai
2011: KOREA - Everywhere!!!
January 2012: Malysia: Kuala Lumur - Alor Setar - Langkawi
Seoul - the most connected city on the planet
Bangkok - Every young mans dream, cheap and lots to see!
Moscow - Where East meets West - Ladas Vs Mercedes
Ulster (Norn Iron) - You just can't beat us!
Russia - the Motherland
Italy - The clothes, the lifestyle, the food, the climate, the landscape. wow.
Korea - Home for over a year, the place that always excites and surprises.
Castara bay, Tobago
Yalong Bay, Hainan
Portrush East Strand, N. Ireland - if only we had the weather!
Chang-O - Eel
Deep fried baby squid, Chinatown, Singapore
Fresh Seafood in hainan
Steak in U.S.A
Eat all you want Buffet - Stardust, Las Vegas
The residents of East Belfast - The best laughs, but you'll get raked!
Russian - Not at first, but the Russkis are generous souls
Favourite National Parks:
Etna, Sicily - Like being on Mars, id recommend the off season (Jan/Feb)
Yosemite - Dramatic granite rock formations, bears and waterfalls.
Quolomanga (everest) - the roof of the world
Songnisan - Home to Beopjusa temple and the craggy peaks
Jirisan - Korean mainland's highest peak, and a 45km East to West hike available to do over three days with shelters on the peaks
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 90 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
updated their Profile Page "Kranstonakovs guide to the world"
- Commented on TLThom's profile page
- updated a Incheon Travel Page "Incheon - The City By the Sea"
- Wrote a Review Gyeangsan - The highest point in Incheon in Incheon Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "georgia - Old world hospitality at its finest"
- Posted in Travel Yerevan Forum "Premiership Football in Yerevan"
Top 10 Pages
- Belfast Intro, 33 reviews, 26 photos
- Riga Region Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Ko Phangan Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Northern Territory Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Tangier Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- State of Western Australia Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Trinidad and Tobago Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Incheon Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos