"Doing French Guiana from Suriname" Top 5 Page for this destination French Guiana by theo1006
French Guiana Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 293 photos
Helen lived some time in Cayenne a long time ago, going back and forth to Paramaribo. So we were retracing her steps doing this trip to French Guiana from Paramaribo.
We will not duplicate the excellent pages of Johnkebab, instead we will highlight what captured our interest.
We found that tourism is much less developed in French Guiana than it is in Suriname. For nature lovers French Guiana certainly is not less attractive than Suriname. Yet we met a lot of French Guianese doing tours in Suriname. The reason may be that Suriname is cheaper, French Guiana being Euro-country.
This picture is of a wrecked ship, "Edith Cavell", in full view of the Tourism Office at Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni. With it's dense foliage it is much more interesting than Paramaribo's Goslar.
For birdwatchers and nature lovers, we found this very accessible little nature reserve. more travel advice
We had intended to hire a car at Hertz's, but they were closed. So a friendly Guianese drove us into town to ADA. Here... more travel advice
theo1006's Related Pages
French Guiana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DEVIL ISLAND - TEUFELSINSEL - ILES DU SALUT"
- "French Guiana"
- "K1W1's new French Guiana Page"
- "A real South American Jewel"
- "Doing French Guiana from Suriname"
- "brandl's new French Guiana Page"
- "French oversea beauty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in French Guiana
- Hotels in French Guiana
- Transportation in French Guiana
- Nightlife in French Guiana
- Restaurants in French Guiana
- Shopping in French Guiana
- Warnings and Dangers in French Guiana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in French Guiana
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to French Guiana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in French Guiana
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 65 reviews, 327 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue