"Para district" Distrikt Para by theo1006
Distrikt Para Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 44 photos
Para district takes its name form the Para river, a tributary of the Suriname river. It has an area of 5393 km2 and about 15 thousand inhabitants. Here, in the forest boarding Para river, Helen's maternal grandmother used to live around 1960.
In Para district are located Zanderij airport and the bauxite processing factory of Paranam.
There are several interesting places within easy reach from Paramaribo. We drove along the Meursweg between Paranam and the district capital Onverwacht, saw the deserted railway stock at Onverwacht, had a dip in the creek at Republiek, and got as far as Berlijn in our hired Toyota Spacio.
For Joden-Savanna and Blaka Watra you need a 4-wheel drive because of some stretches with very loose sand.
A viaduct takes Meursweg over a truck road for the exclusive use of Billiton/Paranam.
The creek at Republiek is quite refreshing.
- Pros:Joden-Savanna and Blaka Watra are favourites
Want to go to Joden-Savanna or Blaka Watra*? You'll have to cross Suriname river by the small ferry at Carolina. It was... more travel advice
When driving out of Paramaribo town we like to have lunch at a Javanese warung. Actually there are not too many of... more travel advice
theo1006's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Distrikt Para
- 6 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Distrikt Para?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Distrikt Para
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 64 reviews, 327 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue