Indonesia Hotel Tips by theo1006
Indonesia Hotels: 177 reviews and 236 photos
Huswah Transit Hotel entrance
It may happen that your flight schedule is such that you arrive late in the day at Jakarta airport and have to wait for a connecting flight the next morning.
The options we already have tried out for spending that night are as follows:
(1) Hang around at the airport. Certainly the cheapest but also the least attractive option. There are virtually no facilities (only some hard benches that one may find occupied already), and all services close up at night.
(2) Check in at the Airport Hotel (http://www.jakartaairporthotel.com). This is conveniently located in the international terminal building, but badly overpriced with rates starting at USD 120 nett. If you are prepared to pay that kind of money, you are much better off at the FM7 Resort Hotel (see below).
(3) Check in at Huswah Transit Hotel.
This is the cheapest of several hotels close to the airport and offering free transfer from and to the airport. We found it ok if all one wants is a (cold) shower and a bed to lay down.
Positives: spacious, reasonably clean room with fresh bed linen.
Negatives: airconditioning not working, bare bathroom (no mirror, no hook for a towel, stamp-sized towel).
Unique Qualities: We booked a standard room through Agoda at USD 25.31. However, we found that the same room appears on their local price list for Rp 175,000. So another time we would just call them from the airport as walk-in guests. Rates for other room types range from Rp 120,000 for an economy room to Rp 200,000 for a suite room (double occupancy).
The transfer service was satisfactory. We called them from the airport after collecting our bags (021.5555 885, the number on the Agoda voucher was incorrect). Although the distance from the airport is said to be 7 car minutes, it took them 20 minutes to arrive due to traffic congestion. The next morning they were ready at the agreed time.
Unlike what is stated in their brochure, they do NOT provide breakfast (any more). There is a stand in the lobby selling mineral water and some snacks, but these can be had cheaper at the neighbouring Indomaret shop.
If you are willing to pay more for more comfort, check out these (in the same area and also with free transfer):
Amaris Hotel, typical discounted rate Rp 430,000 nett.
FM7 Resort Hotel rates starting at USD 85 inclusive.
Address: Jalan Hussein Sastra Negara # 9, Banda, Tangerang
Comparison: least expensive
Other Contact: Fax: +62(0)21.5550 970
Phone: +62(0)21.5555 885
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (5)
theo1006's Related Pages
Indonesia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guess, what is the fifth element ?"
- "INDONESIA : EXPERIENCE THE UNTOLD STORIES"
- " The country on the EQUATOR LINES "
- "Backpacking Indonesia: Hard Work But Big Rewards"
- "BALI 2004 - the initial bite from the travel bug!"
- "Pleasant ride"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indonesia
- Hotels in Indonesia
- Transportation in Indonesia
- Nightlife in Indonesia
- Restaurants in Indonesia
- Shopping in Indonesia
- Warnings and Dangers in Indonesia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Estelar Poblado Plaza Hotel
- Alandene Guest House
- La Conchiglia
- Maui Ocean Breezes Vacation rentals
- Kolikovski Hotel
- Hotel Admiral
- Chateau Hotel Andre Ziltener Chambolle-Musigny
- Ibis Berlin City West
- Best Value Sandman Inn
- Hotel Albert 1er
- Ramayana Koh Chang Resort
- Sergio's Apartments
Badges & Stats in Indonesia
- 720 Reviews
- 3,419 Photos
- 539 Forum posts
- 62 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Indonesia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indonesia
Videos in IndonesiaSee All Videos (13)
Read real reviews about Indonesia Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 55 reviews, 290 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 22 reviews, 149 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (22)
Top Indonesia hotels
- Jakarta Hotels
- 1329 Reviews - 2592 Photos
- Bali Hotels
- 123 Reviews - 440 Photos
- Bandung Hotels
- 310 Reviews - 511 Photos
- Yogyakarta Hotels
- 729 Reviews - 1847 Photos
- Jimbaran Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Kuta Hotels
- 333 Reviews - 724 Photos
- Surabaya Hotels
- 192 Reviews - 397 Photos
- Medan Hotels
- 247 Reviews - 579 Photos
- Ubud Hotels
- 520 Reviews - 1297 Photos
- Solo Hotels
- 121 Reviews - 397 Photos
- Pulau Batam Hotels
- 405 Reviews - 1058 Photos
- Lombok Hotels
- 405 Reviews - 1057 Photos
- Pulau Bintan Hotels
- 457 Reviews - 1170 Photos
- Sanur Hotels
- 105 Reviews - 228 Photos
- Bandung Hotels
- 214 Reviews - 478 Photos