"Alajuela and Central Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Alajuela by theo1006
Alajuela Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 166 photos
We found Alajuela a convenient base from where to make excursions before setting out with a rented car to explore Costa Rica. The town is close to the airport, has a choice of budget and medium-priced accommodation and frequent bus services to San José and other destinations.
The most popular trip from Alajuela is to Poás Volcano. Special tourist buses leave only once a day at 9:15am. The rate of CRC 2100 includes the return journey leaving at 2pm.
We made several other day trips by bus. Buses frequently leave from the south-western corner of Alajuela to neighbouring towns and they are cheap. As an example Alajuela to Grecia (13 km) costs CRC 540 (about one US dollar). A ride to San José costs even less. (February 2012)
See all bus schedules from Alajuela.
While we stayed at the 1915 Hotel in Alajuela we brought our laundry to a little shop a few blocks from the hotel. The... more travel advice
When we returned home to Alajuela on March18th, we found traffic blocked. This was the day of the yearly horse parade... more travel advice
theo1006's Related Pages
Alajuela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alajuela, base camp for the central valley"
- "Alajuela and Central Valley"
- "Family Fun In Alajuela"
- "Good Launch for Entry/Exit"
- "ALAJUELA, COSTA RICA"
- "LAST DAYS OF MY HOLIDAY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alajuela
- Hotels in Alajuela
- Transportation in Alajuela
- Restaurants in Alajuela
- Shopping in Alajuela
- Warnings and Dangers in Alajuela
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alajuela
- 13 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Alajuela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alajuela
Photos in AlajuelaSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 64 reviews, 327 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue