Bima Favorite Tips by theo1006
Bima Favorites: 4 reviews and 12 photos
With mr Nurdin and wife dressed for the occasion
Favorite thing: When we arrive at an unexplored destination in Indonesia, we like to call in at the local Tourism Department Office. We always learn something worthwhile. Arriving in Bima on June 22nd we were informed that from July 3rd through July 6th the regency was going to celebrate its 371th anniversary. After some deliberation we decided to delay our crossing to Flores so as not to miss these.
Fondest memory: That is how we came to be the guests of honour at the anniversary festivities - the only foreigners attending. Haji Nurdin, the head of the Bima Tourism Department, arranged invitations for the official gatherings, had Helen dressed in Bima apparel, and met us in his own car when necessary.
Of course we had to fill in the days in between. Mr Nurdin went out of his way to bring us to several sites of interest or arranged for an employee of his office to accompany us. And of course gave pointers where to go by ourselves.
So we got to explore Bima pretty thoroughly. We toured the north route via Wera to Sape, doing Snake Island on the way; did a gruelling ride on motorbike to Baku beach south of Sape; did a south tour from Sape back to Bima via Langgudu and Rontu beach, staying a night over at the house of Langgudu's district head; and spent two days at surfing paradise Lakei, although we are no surfers.
Hence our advice: never omit to pay a visit to the Tourist Office of the destination where you happen to be.
Address: Dinas Kebudayaan dan Pariwisata Kabupaten Bima, Jalan Gajah Mada, Bima, NTB 84119.
Directions: From the market go about 2 km east along Sultan Hasanuddin street, which changes name into Gajah Mada street.
Office phone: +62.374.44331.
Mobile phone Mr H. Nurdin S.H.: 0813 3956 6608.
More Reviews (22)
theo1006's Related Pages
Bima Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bima city and regency"
- "Bima - well worth staying a few nights"
- "BIMA-Eastern part of SUMBAWA"
- "BIMA is My Home Town"
- "Sultans Palace & Market"
- "Bima at Sumbawa Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bima
- Hotels in Bima
- Transportation in Bima
- Restaurants in Bima
- See All...
Explore the World
- Douar Ben Miled Hotels
- San Vicente Hotels
- Ingonish Hotels
- Atlantic Beach
- Pulau Galang
- Bracknell Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bima
- 23 Reviews
- 139 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Bima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bima
Photos in BimaSee All Photos (139)
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 55 reviews, 290 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 22 reviews, 149 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue