Pegunungan Dieng Transportation Tips by theo1006 Top 5 Page for this destination
Pegunungan Dieng Transportation: 6 reviews and 7 photos
The rainy season is not the ideal time to visit Dieng. An recently landslides have made travelling to Dieng more difficult.
On 27 February 2009 a 15 ton boulder fell 40 m onto the Wonosobo Dieng road. Subsequently the road collapsed and was totally blocked. The gap in the road has been bridged by a Baily bridge.
On 20 January 2010 a landslide caused a big hole in the road, destroying 11 houses below and killing six people. Only pedestrians and motorbikes can still pass.
Anyone wanting to visit Dieng has to approach from the west through Batur.
Bus service from Wonosobo to Dieng still operates, but the bus from Wonosobo stops below the hole in the road. Passengers have to walk past the 10 m hole, where another bus will bring them the remaining distance to Dieng. Villagers are eager to offer a ride by motorbike for a fee.
At the time of writing (7 February 2010) it is not clear yet when the road will be repaired.
P.S. 22 February 2010: According to an article on the site e-wonosobo.com the road should be open for traffic again by today, although cars have to drive past the repaired spot one by one. But remember, a landslide can happen again any time during the rainy season!
More Reviews (8)
theo1006's Related Pages
Pegunungan Dieng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Java's Mordor"
- "Dieng Plateau - Land of Volcanos and Goddess"
- "Abode of the Gods"
- "Dieng - the gods have left"
- "Legendary Dieng"
- "The mystic Plateau-Dieng Plateau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pegunungan Dieng
- Hotels in Pegunungan Dieng
- Transportation in Pegunungan Dieng
- Restaurants in Pegunungan Dieng
- Shopping in Pegunungan Dieng
- Warnings and Dangers in Pegunungan Dieng
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pegunungan Dieng
- 9 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Pegunungan Dieng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pegunungan Dieng
Photos in Pegunungan DiengSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 60 reviews, 312 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 22 reviews, 149 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue