Pegunungan Dieng Warnings Or Dangers Tips by theo1006 Top 5 Page for this destination
Pegunungan Dieng Warnings and Dangers: 3 reviews and 4 photos
Innocent-looking Death Valley
They call it Goa Jimat, but the old Dutch name is more apt: Dodendal = Death Valley. It is an enclosed valley with volcanic vents at the bottom which release carbon dioxide. So it is hazardous to venture down in the valley, unless you have brought an oxigen mask.
Several years ago, after an earthquake, the carbon dioxide overflowed killing scores of villagers fleeing from the earthquake. The event is remembered in the video which they show at Dieng Plateau Theatre.
There is no sign pointing to Goa Jimat, no doubt intentionally. Yet it is easily visited, just a little side trip on your way to Candradimuka crater. Follow the road until you pass Kepakisan and a bridge at the lowest point in the road. A little distance past the bridge there is a small parking south of the road. On the other side of the road a footpath through the fields brings you to Goa Jimat. Keep to the left climbing up. It is not far, but the path may be overgrown.
More Reviews (8)
theo1006's Related Pages
Pegunungan Dieng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Java's Mordor"
- "Dieng Plateau - Land of Volcanos and Goddess"
- "Abode of the Gods"
- "Dieng - the gods have left"
- "Legendary Dieng"
- "The mystic Plateau-Dieng Plateau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pegunungan Dieng
- Hotels in Pegunungan Dieng
- Transportation in Pegunungan Dieng
- Restaurants in Pegunungan Dieng
- Shopping in Pegunungan Dieng
- Warnings and Dangers in Pegunungan Dieng
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lake Taal
- Bad Hersfeld
- Saint Simons Island Hotels
- Lembang Hotels
- Seagrove Beach Hotels
- Spakenburg Hotels
- Pekan Nanas
- Nottingham Warnings and Dangers
- Mississippi Warnings and Dangers
- Fort Wayne Warnings and Dangers
- Driving S.F.
- Personal Observations
- Bar Harbor Warnings and Dangers
- Isla de Tenerife Warnings and Dangers
- Coventry Warnings and Dangers
- Skopje Warnings and Dangers
- Del Rio Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Pegunungan Dieng
- 9 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Pegunungan Dieng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pegunungan Dieng
- Posted in Travel Indonesia Forum "Re: Where can I learn Bahasa..."
- Uploaded a Video to Pegunungan Dieng
- updated a Pegunungan Dieng Travel Page "Dieng - the gods have left"
- Wrote a Review The Wonosobo Dieng road in Pegunungan Dieng Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beyond Sileri crater: waterfalls"
Photos in Pegunungan DiengSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 55 reviews, 290 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 22 reviews, 149 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue