"Garut regency and town" Garut by theo1006
Garut Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 43 photos
The city of Garut in West Java, capital of the regency of the same name, is close to a lot of interesting places. We have visited Kamojang Geysers, Papandayan volcano, Kampung Naga and Candi Cangkuang/Kampung Pulo. There are also interesting volcanoes, like Gunung Guntur and Gunung Galunggung. Theo climbed the latter in the seventies, before it erupted in 1982. So we want to see this volcano again.
The coast south of Garut is also worth a visit. The West-Java south coast stretches from Pelabuhan-Ratu in the west to Pangandaran in the east, about 400 km. We explored the eastern half of this coast, see our West-Java Province page.
Near the parking of Candi Cangkuang (see tip) is an attractive and cheap lesehan restaurant, serving Sundanese food as... more travel advice
Compared with Hindu temples in Central-Java, Candi Cangkuang is only a simple construction. Yet it is special in that it... more travel advice
theo1006's Related Pages
Garut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Garut regency and town"
- "GARUT - WEST JAVA , INDONESIA"
- "Garut Hotel Tiragangga"
- ">> the last of the mohicans "
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Garut
- 9 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Garut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Garut
Photos in GarutSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 64 reviews, 327 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue